Possible defect with the vinyl of Falling Satellites

Started by H3WMW, May 31, 2016, 11:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3WMW

Hi guys. I'm loving the new album more  and more with every listen. Well done on such a fantastic album.

I would like to bring your attention to a slight defect on side 2 of the first LP at the very start of the record and the introduction of "Lights Out".

There is a very noticeable scratch sound which is a little annoying but doesn't disrupt my enjoyment of the album. I have a clear vinyl copy of the album.  How do I post pics of it from my iPhone?

Does anyone else with a vinyl copy have the same issue?

Not looking for a replacement or anything, just thought I should point it out.

And now, back to the music........

😃

owen

And that says everything about why I will never go back to vinyl. It would ruin it for me, totally. And I would be waiting, on edge, on every disc I ever put on. I know CD's aren't perfect but I just don't get vinyl anymore

Brom

Quote from: owen on May 31, 2016, 12:05:54 PM
And that says everything about why I will never go back to vinyl. It would ruin it for me, totally. And I would be waiting, on edge, on every disc I ever put on. I know CD's aren't perfect but I just don't get vinyl anymore

Totally agree. Too many things that can affect the final output, however, being fair, I have yet to compare vinyl vs CD in a straight fight. I spent years wishing they would invent an instant access format which wouldn't be open to potential damage if you wanted to listen to the same track again, and didn't come back all clicky if you played it on someone else's system etc. The only thing I miss is the packaging!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

DueyC

Quote from: H3WMW on May 31, 2016, 11:00:40 AM
Hi guys. I'm loving the new album more  and more with every listen. Well done on such a fantastic album.

I would like to bring your attention to a slight defect on side 2 of the first LP at the very start of the record and the introduction of "Lights Out".

There is a very noticeable scratch sound which is a little annoying but doesn't disrupt my enjoyment of the album. I have a clear vinyl copy of the album.  How do I post pics of it from my iPhone?

Does anyone else with a vinyl copy have the same issue?

Not looking for a replacement or anything, just thought I should point it out.

And now, back to the music........

😃

Yep, me too. It's quite bad on mine If there are a few of us, maybe Nellie can get the manufacturer to replace them. I haven't contacted her about it yet, but was going to.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

JakeWorrell

I haven't got the apparatus to play it to confirm, but I did manage to find a blemish on my copy which I assume is the problem.

It was tricky to get the right light etc, but I managed to get a photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ys24tht63971vd/2016-05-31%2017.12.35.jpg?dl=0
"The longer the note, the more dread."

L33VEY

Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 31, 2016, 05:23:04 PM
I haven't got the apparatus to play it to confirm, but I did manage to find a blemish on my copy which I assume is the problem.

It was tricky to get the right light etc, but I managed to get a photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ys24tht63971vd/2016-05-31%2017.12.35.jpg?dl=0

That's an excellent photo - seems to be mainly on the right channel on my copy - have been listening to the CD apart from side 4 with the secret track  ;)
From today's comments on FB, we will need to construct a rhyme to let Nellie know in the right and polite way  :-X
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

JakeWorrell

Quote from: L33VEY on May 31, 2016, 10:31:03 PM
From today's comments on FB, we will need to construct a rhyme to let Nellie know in the right and polite way  :-X

To the limericks thread!!

L33VEY

Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 31, 2016, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: L33VEY on May 31, 2016, 10:31:03 PM

To the limericks thread!!

Already started - whoever finishes it has to post it to Nellie...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Jem

Thanks for the heads up. Very sorry about this, it disappointing considering what it cost to make.

I think my copy has it too actually! Nellie and I were on it to Inside Out today, Nellie is replacing as many as she can with the stock we have left, I'll keep the pressure up with the manufacturers in the meantime.

Again sincere apologies for this.   :(

Jem

JakeWorrell

Quote from: Jem on May 31, 2016, 10:38:33 PM
Again sincere apologies for this.   :(

Not to worry Jem, these things happen!

I'm quite happy to wait until there is adequate stock to replace mine. In fact, perhaps some of us could do an exchange with Nellie at one of the gigs to save the postage, assuming stock etc of course.

Frankly I'll do whatever will save you and Nellie the most bother.

Trapezium Artist

Those last two posts, from Jem and Jake, just say it all about why I love this place. Our refuge from the madness.

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

RobRideout

Honestly, I'm fine. The half second it actually effects is entirely not worth the money it would cost to repress things in my opinion. I don't mind keeping my slightly flawed vinyl :D

JakeWorrell

Quote from: RobRideout on June 01, 2016, 04:01:57 PM
Honestly, I'm fine. The half second it actually effects is entirely not worth the money it would cost to repress things in my opinion. I don't mind keeping my slightly flawed vinyl :D

I agree with this, but if the manufacturers have cocked them up then they should be footing the bill anyway. If it's going to be a cost to Jem/Frost* (which it really shouldn't) then yep I'm 100% happy keeping mine as it is.

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on June 01, 2016, 06:42:26 AM
Those last two posts, from Jem and Jake, just say it all about why I love this place. Our refuge from the madness.
Absolutely.
Have you received your copy yet?
Shirley you could've had it beamed from Jodell Bank via your tin tray in space & whipped round the Hadron Collider :)
I used to have a signature