Possible defect with the vinyl of Falling Satellites

Started by H3WMW, May 31, 2016, 11:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyn

;) I have a SW cd with no music on at all... Just the label!  I bought another.  Maybe it's a secret promo to up sales! After all,  we all have two versions already... It is an infestation plan!!!!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

DueyC

Quote from: RobRideout on June 01, 2016, 04:01:57 PM
Honestly, I'm fine. The half second it actually effects is entirely not worth the money it would cost to repress things in my opinion. I don't mind keeping my slightly flawed vinyl :D

It's quite a lot more than that on mine, so I'm hoping the manufacturers do cough up  :(

Saying that, I'm not bothered what colour my vinyl is, as I bought it to listen to, not to look at, so I'd be just as happy with a boring black copy, if that helps.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: H3WMW on May 31, 2016, 11:00:40 AM
Does anyone else with a vinyl copy have the same issue?

Yeah, mine arrived today, and I have the same issue.
Track 1 on side 2 (which is a quiet one): lots of scratching noises.
Track 2: during the quieter parts, scratching noises again.

Side 1: scratching noises during the quieter parts of track 1.

Side 3 and 4 are okay.

There are also strange black dots inside the vinyl of side 1, but they don't seem to affect the sound.
Nellie, do I contact you or the label for a replacement of vinyl 1?

The shirt is very cool, btw. Can anyone explain the meaning of the maze to me?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

D S

Quote from: ich_bin_besser on June 02, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Ah, we've covered that elsewhere before!  8)
Perhaps thinking of it as a 3 dimensional object instead of a 2 dimensional maze makes it appear like a well known recording place...  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

Quote from: D S on June 02, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Quote from: ich_bin_besser on June 02, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Ah, we've covered that elsewhere before!  8)
Perhaps thinking of it as a 3 dimensional object instead of a 2 dimensional maze makes it appear like a well known recording place...  ;)
http://frostmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=4257.60

jt57

I have played side 1 all through and only noticed one small scratch.
When I played side 2 there was a sort of "whoosh" noise even before the track had started. This noise is present when a patch, of what looks like some sort of liquid has been spilt and dried on from the edge of the disc to about half way through track 1, spins past.
I immediately rescued my prescious stylus from this torture and put the disc back to bed.
I haven't even played the second disc yet. Luckily we have the cd to play with.
As mentioned by ich_bin_besser my disc 1 also has black flecks moulded into it but disc 2 looks ok.
I sent a message through the Merch Desk's "contact us" page on Sunday but as yet have had no reply.
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on June 01, 2016, 07:02:59 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on June 01, 2016, 06:42:26 AM
Those last two posts, from Jem and Jake, just say it all about why I love this place. Our refuge from the madness.
Absolutely.
Have you received your copy yet?
Shirley you could've had it beamed from Jodell Bank via your tin tray in space & whipped round the Hadron Collider :)

I have: it arrived late Saturday, I think  ;D

But hard as it may be (for me) to believe, I haven't listened to it yet  ::)

Well, apart from First Day and the opening moments of Numbers, which I started listening to on one of my bike rides, but which (a) had me worried that I wasn't hearing things properly over the wind noise and (b) scared the living daylights out of me enough that I feared for my 30km/h life  :o

Don't get me wrong: there was absolutely nothing wrong with that v limited bit of music, just that listening for the first time while biking was clearly not going to work.

I've decided that the first play through must be at home, sitting in the couch in front of my good stereo and speakers, to do it the justice I am absolutely certain it deserves (if only because you lot have been raving about it  ;)). I have thus refused to listen to it on my bike, in the car, or even on the two-hour flights to and from Spain I just did. Nope.

So, this weekend, I aim to kick my family out of the house, turn it up to 11, and have a proper one-man (I can say that, even though it's politically incorrect, because it's just me) listening party.

That's how we roll at TA Towers  8)

rogerg

Good on you!  I have a feeling you won't be disappointed!

I am pretty much listening to it at every opportunity.

Brilliant.

jt57

Tell me, Trapezium Artist, when you play vinyl whilst riding your bike do you balance the turntable on the handlebar or do you have a trailer?   ???

Perhaps you have one of these.............http://www.vincentbeijersbergen.nl/Feats-Per-Minute
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: jt57 on June 03, 2016, 05:04:13 PM
Tell me, Trapezium Artist, when you play vinyl whilst riding your bike do you balance the turntable on the handlebar or do you have a trailer?   ???

Perhaps you have one of these.............http://www.vincentbeijersbergen.nl/Feats-Per-Minute

Well, I do have a record player and quite a collection of vinyl from the first time around, but am not young enough to find it trendy again  ::), so they're all in the attic somewhere. I only have the CD version.

Which has only been touched once so far, to be ripped into 320kbps AAC files, and thus I'm sure my bits will be absolutely pristine & scratch-free when I deposit said silver disc in the machine tomorrow  :P

As for that bike LP player, only the cloggies, only the blessed cloggies ...

JakeWorrell

Of course we all know that the real defect is that it's just too awesome!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

Has anyone said what the extra track on the vinyl version is yet?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Quote from: Pedro on June 05, 2016, 12:31:58 PM
Has anyone said what the extra track on the vinyl version is yet?
If you don't know then it must be one hell of a secret  :)
I used to have a signature

gr8gonzo

One man's defect is another man's collector's item.

Oh, and TA, please refrain from putting your bits in the disc player. Some decorum, if you would, sir.  :)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: gr8gonzo on June 05, 2016, 07:43:15 PM
One man's defect is another man's collector's item.

Oh, and TA, please refrain from putting your bits in the disc player. Some decorum, if you would, sir.  :)

I'm horrified to admit that I haven't placed any of my bits, dangly or otherwise, in my disc player yet.

Yup, I've had "Falling Satellites" more than a week and I simply haven't had the opportunity to sit down in front of the stereo and do the right thing.

I'm appalled: how has it come to this?

I think I'm going to have to try again tomorrow morning after the kids have gone to school.