Possible defect with the vinyl of Falling Satellites

Started by H3WMW, May 31, 2016, 11:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: rogerg on June 05, 2016, 11:47:39 PM
you're a stronger man than I, Gunga Din.

That may be 8) but my strength is becoming mightily tested: number one daughter was ill this morning, so did not go to school, leaving me yet another day further from my promised FS listening session  ::)

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: Pedro on June 05, 2016, 12:31:58 PM
Has anyone said what the extra track on the vinyl version is yet?

After the final chord of "British Wintertime", there's around 9 minutes of slow, quite dark instrumental stuff, almost ambient. Only keyboards. The mood is different compared to BW, more haunting. No hidden messages to be heard (but a very obvious one at the very end  ;) ).
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

jt57

Has anybody got any news on what's happening about replacements for the faulty ones ?
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

Nellie

Sorry everyone, I have neglected this forum for a while.
There is a small number of copies of the clear vinyl that has a stamp sized scratched area on (I think) side 2 of the first LP. I would like everyone to send them back to me, or at least the faulty disc so that I can count all the dodgy ones and replace them.
One problem is that if there are loads, I don't have enough held back to replace them and they will have to be black vinyl.
I have one box (10) in reserve that I will take on tour to replace any that need replacing, after that they will need to be sent to me in the post.
It's in the post!

L33VEY

Quote from: Nellie on June 11, 2016, 05:14:35 PM
There is a small number of copies of the clear vinyl that has a stamp sized scratched area on (I think) side 2 of the first LP. I would like everyone to send them back to me, or at least the faulty disc so that I can count all the dodgy ones and replace them.
One problem is that if there are loads, I don't have enough held back to replace them and they will have to be black vinyl.
I have one box (10) in reserve that I will take on tour to replace any that need replacing, after that they will need to be sent to me in the post.

I shall bring mine to Reading..  No need to answer message left..
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

DueyC

I'll bring mine to the Reading gig, and I'm happy with a black one.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: Nellie on June 11, 2016, 05:14:35 PMI would like everyone to send them back to me, or at least the faulty disc so that I can count all the dodgy ones and replace them.

Okay, thanks for the info. Guess I'll keep mine, then, despite of the faults.

Meine Musikliste

Nellie

Quote from: ich_bin_besser on June 12, 2016, 02:08:22 PM
Quote from: Nellie on June 11, 2016, 05:14:35 PMI would like everyone to send them back to me, or at least the faulty disc so that I can count all the dodgy ones and replace them.

Okay, thanks for the info. Guess I'll keep mine, then, despite of the faults.
Why? Send it back and I'll replace it.
It's in the post!

Pedro

Hey IBB, How much would it cost to send it from Germany?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

It's in the post!

owen

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: Nellie on June 12, 2016, 04:51:19 PM
I will refund his postage costs, too.

Really? Now that's a nice offer - vielen Dank!  :)
Guess it makes sense to send both LP's?

Pedro, no idea about the costs. 7 Euro, I'd guess.

Meine Musikliste

H3WMW

Quote from: Jem on May 31, 2016, 10:38:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Very sorry about this, it disappointing considering what it cost to make.

I think my copy has it too actually! Nellie and I were on it to Inside Out today, Nellie is replacing as many as she can with the stock we have left, I'll keep the pressure up with the manufacturers in the meantime.

Again sincere apologies for this.   :(

Jem

Jem, you have nothing to apologise for. These things happen and can't be helped mate. I was actually happy to keep my copy but Nellie kindly offered to give me a new one which I will swap with my dodgy one with her at the Merch desk at the Edinburgh gig on Friday.

Perhaps you and the boys could sign my new copy after the gig Jem? That would be sweet.  :D

H3WMW

Quote from: Nellie on June 11, 2016, 05:14:35 PM
Hi Nellie,

I hope I'm still ok to get a replacement in Edinburgh?  That's if you don't give away all your 10 reserves tomorrow night.  ;D