Main Menu

Hello Everybody.

Started by jt57, June 01, 2016, 07:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jt57

Hello all.

As the newest Frost*ie I thought it only proper to introduce myself. My first name is John and I live in the West Midlands. I only discovered Frost* about 4yrs ago when I heard Milliontown for the first time. It completely blew me away. Not since I was a mere lad in the 70's/80's with hair down to my arse and listening to /seeing bands the like of ELP, Genesis, Yes, Led Zep, Queen, Supertramp, et al, has a band had such a profound effect on me. I was begining to think that "progrock" was just regurgitating though countless bands with different names but using the same musical formula.
Frost*, to me, was like a breath of fresh air and after further investigation and finding Frost* reports, by courtecy of Drarok, I also found out that they are, like me, barking mad.
Anyway I will cease this rambling on for now and if any of you are going to the Robin 2 gig in Bilston I hope we can meet up for a flagon or two.

Tarrar a bit.

P.S. My copy of the new album on clear vinyl also has a fault on the first track of side 2. I have sent a message to Merch Desk/Nellie but had no reply as yet. Not to worry, sure it will get sorted.
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

DueyC

Welcome jt57. See you at Bilston  :)

And now for the standard introductory question: what's your favourite biscuit?
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

jt57

Thank you DueyC. After due consideration I think that out of the many biscuits I like my standard fall back is dark chocolate digestives.
See you at the Robin 2.
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

L33VEY

Hi jt57

Your story is familiar, except that I was blown away by Milliontown just after it came out 10 years ago and have been 100% Frost*ie ever since.

The fault on side 2 is known - see separate thread.  They are working on it
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

owen

Hello. I will also be there. Though I prefer milk chocolate digestive biscuits

rogerg

Welcome, John!  I, too, consider Milliontown to be the pinnacle of prog, and it (re)awakened a love that I didn't know was still there.

welcome to Silly*land!

and I'm thinking about getting one of these: http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/All_Hardware_and_Parts_by_Instrument/Electric_Bass_Parts/Electric_Bass_Bridges/Hipshot_4-String_Bass_Bridge.html

;D

owen

Then all you'll need is a bass to screw it to

rogerg

Quote from: owen on June 01, 2016, 11:57:41 PM
Then all you'll need is a bass to screw it to

heh  I have that. :)

JimD

About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

JakeWorrell

Welcome aboard John!

Dark chocolate digestives are an excellent choice of biscuit.

See you at Bilston!  :D
"The longer the note, the more dread."

owen

we look forward to the You tube video then ;)

rogerg

Geetar

Finding myself recently dug - once again - from the permafrost* of distant memories, and swept clean of les neiges d'antan, I say welcome!

Quote from: rogerg on June 02, 2016, 11:40:59 AM
heh!

I'll see your heh and raise you a hah !
This space for sale.

Mooncat

Another Midshires-based Frostie*!!!!! 8) 8)

We'll have enough to fill a red telephone box soon ;)
(But maybe not a blue police telephone box)  ::) ::)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy