Main Menu

JM strikes back

Started by owen, June 04, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

I am a member of that page, but it's been that long since I signed in that I can't remember my details. But I don't feel a great erge to go back there. :)

johninblack

Quote from: tigermoth on June 06, 2016, 10:58:03 PM
I am a member of that page, but it's been that long since I signed in that I can't remember my details. But I don't feel a great erge to go back there. :)

It has a reputation for being home to a few of the persons that my signature was aimed at. I very rarely go there myself and am told "it's better than it used to be"
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

kyuwert

Man, really? I mean I understand that we love Blunders here and all, but this guy's post could be boiled down to "I really liked Craig on this album, even though I'm not a fan of his work in general..." He didn't even make a single assertive statement about Craig, starting every thought with "I think" or "I feel". Where does he say "Blunders sucks!!!"? I understand the issue is that the dislike was aimed at him from a technical perspective, and it came across as the equivalent of saying you don't think Jem's a good keyboard player because you don't like his solos. We're not all perfectly objective though, are we?

owen

I think that if he'd said that it wouldn't be a problem. It was the "average" comment that JM took offence at. Blunders, as a drummer is anything but average. And if statements like that remain unchallenged it's not just some vague statement. It's something that affects his rep and therefore his ability to get further work.

Rook

The only ways Blunders could be considered an average drummer are in things like height, age, weight and gender.

Mikey

Quote from: owen on June 07, 2016, 06:45:19 AM
I think that if he'd said that it wouldn't be a problem. It was the "average" comment that JM took offence at. Blunders, as a drummer is anything but average. And if statements like that remain unchallenged it's not just some vague statement. It's something that affects his rep and therefore his ability to get further work.
Blunders is so average even Paiste, Roland & Mapex don't...............oops, that buggers that arguement  :) :) :) :)
I used to have a signature

kyuwert

Quote from: owen on June 07, 2016, 06:45:19 AM

I agree about it being unchallenged, and JM certainly corrected that. The direct quote from the offender was "I'm not a fan, I feel his work to be fairly average."  I guess I just feel it was a little overkill to collectively shit on this guy who poorly (but politely) articulated his dislike for Blunders when as a musician he's going to have a lot worse critics out there than this guy. IMO, JM's reply was better suited for the guy saying "Craig is a twat who can't drum his way out of a paper bag." Although now I'm looking forward to what we come up with for that one  ;D

Fogeyspasm

I'm off to the Austin Allegro owners forum. It's far less confrontational. 8)
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Mooncat

To be fair though JM has no doubt seen a lot of this since Blunders appointment as Steve Wilson's drummer, a job which JM was consulted on his suitability for.
That and coupled with a recent interview Craig has given where he talks about his struggle with confidence and rejection, I see it as a mate sticking up for someone he believes in, and is a damn good drummer (and human being as well).
Might just be that this was the tipping point and the guy got both barrels.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Some of the idiots who laid onto CB on FB for not being Marco on the SW tour got both barrels from Nick Beggs.
It's just unnecessary to be so disparaging about a musician who clearly deserves the position in the band.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

kyuwert

Quote from: Mooncat on June 09, 2016, 12:35:27 PM
To be fair though JM has no doubt seen a lot of this since Blunders appointment as Steve Wilson's drummer, a job which JM was consulted on his suitability for.
That and coupled with a recent interview Craig has given where he talks about his struggle with confidence and rejection, I see it as a mate sticking up for someone he believes in, and is a damn good drummer (and human being as well).
Might just be that this was the tipping point and the guy got both barrels.

Fair enough, I have seen some of Craig's FB posts about this sort of thing. I hope he knows his talent is real and that so many of us look up to him and love his work.

manoncharles

On iPhones and Android phones, if you set to British or Australian English you get "ise" while you get "ize" for American English or "English" (no area specified).

When I learn/teach English in France we are asked to rather use "-ise" (that we call "Cambridge spelling", vs "Oxford spelling" for "-ize") or at least to always use the same form (the worst is not to use "-ize", the worst is to CHANGE in a same text, uhhhhh)

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on June 05, 2016, 11:37:24 PM
Finally, FWIW and the OED notwithstanding, I personally insist on the -ise forms. Because I'm like that.
Same.
When the same kind of problems happen in French spelling, I always choose the form that's used by old elitist unfun people just like me.
A fairytale in negative

D S

If you'd witnessed Blunders playing in Edinburgh last night (especially given that he is still recovering from an op), there is simply NO WAY you would describe him as 'average'. ::) Absolutely world class without a shadow of doubt.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

BrendanGee

Agreed, my jaw hit the floor at least 5 times.
Bring on the Trumpets!

Jem

In defence of my mate Craig, I therefore now feel moved to say that the drums on Million town were PROGRAMMED by me!!! They always were. I would be happy to share the midi files with that bloke who thinks Andy's drum work on Milliontown was far superior. LOL!!

This isn't new news btw, I've spent many years talking about being stuck in a shed during the winter programming drum fills in interviews.