Main Menu

JM strikes back

Started by owen, June 04, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

BTW, I should also also point out that TBE didn't exactly cover himself in shame live when he was in the band either.  ;)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Jem on June 20, 2016, 11:39:48 PM
BTW, I should also also point out that TBE didn't exactly cover himself in shame live when he was in the band either.  ;)

Having seen 67% of Frost*'s live drummers play personally (did Mr d'Virgilio only play at Frost*fest?), I can only agree with The Boss wholeheartedly.

That said, I think perhaps we're in danger of investing a little too much energy in this: you can't ever, ever win against trolls, and they will only slink back into the darkness if deprived of the oxygen of publicity.

Shall we declare this thread duly closed?

owen

As long as we can reopen it if JM goes off on one again!

gr8gonzo

Quote from: Jem on June 20, 2016, 11:39:48 PM

Indeed. He also played a mean oboe solo.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Dear Mr. Jem sir,
You're right, "this shouldn't be brand new news" about the drum sounds on Milliontown, but didn't TBE record at least some drums for Milliontown? Or was Silhobbit's video of him at Outhouse (with you telling him "you're sh*t and you know it"  :)) just a non-recording visit by him?
Further to that, I saw an interview with TBE about playing drums on Magenta's Twenty Seven Club in which he said (something like) how he much preferred doing longer takes that captured the natural variability in his performance rather than doing several small takes which were then assembled in a computer and all the sounds were replaced.
So was the programming of drums on Milliontown that you refer to actually "sound replacement" or did you "re-perform" them too? We have all seen how damned impressive you are at drums on the keyboard!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"