Blunders' solo from CRS Wath

Started by Pedro, June 19, 2016, 09:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Here is a grainy, mono clip of Craig's stunning solo during The Other Me from CRS Wath last night.

Look out for the watch-check.  :D

http://youtu.be/OY3iXZ7VVgE
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

He must be feeling better - we didn't get anything of that magnitude in Edinburgh!  ;D
'Average' - really?!  ::)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

I think we need to address something here. I know Craig probably wants the nature of his operation kept under wraps but it became evident at Wath last night that he has had an extra arm added. Only this could explain what we saw and heard last night.

The operation was a success.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

DavSel

rogerg

RacingHippo

Quote from: JakeWorrell on June 19, 2016, 10:10:07 AM
I know Craig probably wants the nature of his operation kept under wraps but it became evident at Wath last night that he has had an extra arm added. Only this could explain what we saw and heard last night.

Xander (my son, who was elated to be able to finally attend a Frost gig after being under-age for every venue we could get to until now) has an alternative theory:
He's become......

Bionic Blunders!

* May contain nuts.

JakeWorrell

Quote from: RacingHippo on June 19, 2016, 08:44:11 PM

Xander (my son, who was elated to be able to finally attend a Frost gig after being under-age for every venue we could get to until now) has an alternative theory:
He's become......

Bionic Blunders!

I think he might be on to something!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Mordwin

Quote from: JakeWorrell on June 19, 2016, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: RacingHippo on June 19, 2016, 08:44:11 PM

He's become......

Bionic Blunders!

I think he might be on to something!

The 6 million dollar drummer! (though apparently that's $32,081,469.47 in todays's money :P)

manoncharles

He might be average but he clearly has a fan (I could see it !)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A fairytale in negative

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Mikey

I had been thinking (rare) that maybe the negativity towards Blunders was, other than the full set which is almost a solo, he doesn't do a drum solo, when lo & behold, he pulls out a stonker, with a few Carl Palmer elements.
I used to have a signature

Jem

The solo happened coz we were improvising. The Other Me is turning into a bit of a jam now and the solo just happened to kick off on Saturday. The "watch" bit was totally new to us as you can see from the reaction. :)

Stunning solo though.

Pedro

We should not forget the role the manager plays in selecting the team! :D
@Jem: How ever did you find Blunders in the first place?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

I think I mentioned this in 'how I found Frost*' but TBE & Blunders were known to each other on the drumming circuit, and (I presume) through their association with Roland.
I had seen Blunders at several drum events and music fairs demoing Roland gear and at one such event I was introduced to TBE who I then had some lessons with and mentioned this band he was part of that he thought I'd like.

Not saying that Jem won't have done his own research ( a la Steven Wilson) but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a conversation between Jem & TBE......
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

RacingHippo

Quote from: Jem on June 21, 2016, 12:00:50 AM
The solo happened coz we were improvising.
You don't say? ;)
The big clue was when you asked "Where's one gone?", quickly followed by Craig & Nath simultaneously kick-drumming and gesticulating to indicate the exact location of the mislaid beat.
It's as well they were simultaneous, really. Although it would possibly have been even funnier if they hadn't.
* May contain nuts.