Main Menu

Damn you Towerblock!

Started by Ivor, July 04, 2016, 11:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivor

Stop getting more awesome with each playthrough!  :o

lyn

A month in now... Still unravelling this creation.  Word fail me.  I grew up with Yes,  then Rush. So,  well trained in complexology.   
They're knocking down my Towerblock.  Awesome.  The whole album is self referential.  Loads more to unpick. Loving this x
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

RoeDent89

Fantastic song, but I still need to be on guard lest that *clunk* sound after the first vocals makes me jump. Which has happened several times. And that totally bonkers ending.

AnsOnkruid

I've had this stuck in my head for days. So brilliant I can hardly comprehend it. What is happening?!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tigermoth

I loved Tower Block on first listen, though hearing the clunk for the first time in the middle of the night as it was, nearly caused me to have an accident. Lol. It sounded just like something hitting the tumble drier which is just a few feet from my bed! Christ! Lol. I love the whole thing and the ending is just spectacular, like ripping the song apart. Brilliant.

gr8gonzo

Sleeping in the laundry room, are we?  ;D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

HarryVedge

That clunk sounds exactly like the noise you get in a council block when someone chucks something heavy down the rubbish chute into the big metal bin (usually in the middle of the night). So much so that the first couple of time I heard Towerblock I didn't realise it was on the CD...
I probably will be the good for nothing...

johninblack

Quote from: HarryVedge on July 10, 2016, 10:17:57 AM
That clunk sounds exactly like the noise you get in a council block when someone chucks something heavy down the rubbish chute into the big metal bin (usually in the middle of the night). So much so that the first couple of time I heard Towerblock I didn't realise it was on the CD...

Welcome to the forum. Really only one question to be asked - You favourite biscuit is?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Drarok

That clunk is _so_ real-sounding! I've no idea how he managed that.

Mooncat

Probably tripped over something whilst recording ;D

AS we know, Jem can be a bit accident prone ::)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

HarryVedge

I probably will be the good for nothing...

rogerg

tigermoth

"Sleeping in the laundry room, are we?" 
Lol no the tumble drier just happens to be in the bedroom. :)