Frost* at ProgDreams VI!

Started by AnsOnkruid, July 08, 2016, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

Who's playing bass? Nathan or has he flown Beggsy a round trip of 7000 miles? And is Jem playing keys?

Mikey

Thumbs?
Thought they used sticks  ;D
I used to have a signature

johninblack

Found this, poor audio quality but............
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: johninblack on March 05, 2017, 11:22:41 PM

And that's AnsOnskruid right in the middle of the shot at the bottom: wearing a baseball cap with a glowstick wrapped around it (the shorter one, not the taller  8)).

I was standing off to the right with L33VEY and DueyC. The sound that close to the front wasn't balanced at all: rather dominated by Mitchell's amp, with relatively little of the keys. But I suspect we were drowning them out with our singing anyway  :P

More anon. I have videos of 2 minutes of the end of BLM and 2.5 minutes of Craig's drum solo, if anyone is that way inclined. Can upload to YT later 8)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on March 06, 2017, 04:32:19 PM

And that's AnsOnskruid right in the middle of the shot at the bottom: wearing a baseball cap with a glowstick wrapped around it (the shorter one, not the taller  8)).

I was standing off to the right with L33VEY and DueyC. The sound that close to the front wasn't balanced at all: rather dominated by Mitchell's amp, with relatively little of the keys. But I suspect we were drowning them out with our singing anyway  :P

More anon. I have videos of 2 minutes of the end of BLM and 2.5 minutes of Craig's drum solo, if anyone is that way inclined. Can upload to YT later 8)

Quicker said than done using our work network:

The last 2 minutes of BLM: https://youtu.be/J3GAdn4wm3A
The last 2.5 minutes of Craig's drum solo: https://youtu.be/wUc5YvYW8V4

Enjoy (we most certainly did  ;))

owen

you mean we pay huge amounts of tax for you to be media tarting and looking at falling satellites and you waste it uploading youtube videos?

Well done, Sir. I shall watch them later

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on March 06, 2017, 05:01:36 PM
you mean we pay huge amounts of tax for you to be media tarting and looking at falling satellites and you waste it uploading youtube videos?

Well done, Sir. I shall watch them later

It's after hours: I'm putting the bandwidth to good purpose.

I shall now spend a couple more hours clearing my daftly large email backlog, all in the name of science.

Oh, and ...  :P ;)

rogerg

Craig is such a good jazz drummer.

D S

The sound that close to the front wasn't balanced at all: rather dominated by Mitchell's amp, with relatively little of the keys.
You're not kidding!  All the clips I've seen so far sound like a JM solo show! :o 8)  I hope the sound was a tad more balanced further back.
Still, the band look on form and glad to hear everyone had a good time.
Ta for the clips TA.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

I know what you mean but it was fairly clear. The video itself was very good, really clear and not much shake. Thanks TA

DueyC

Quote from: D S on March 06, 2017, 06:58:47 PM
The sound that close to the front wasn't balanced at all: rather dominated by Mitchell's amp, with relatively little of the keys.
You're not kidding!  All the clips I've seen so far sound like a JM solo show! :o 8)

After the Lonely Robot set on Sunday JM asked me if I liked the new songs. I (tactfully) pointed out that his amp drowned out all the other instruments for those of us in the front row, so all I knew about the new songs was that they contained guitar  ;)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: DueyC on March 06, 2017, 10:07:37 PM
Quote from: D S on March 06, 2017, 06:58:47 PM
You're not kidding!  All the clips I've seen so far sound like a JM solo show! :o 8)

After the Lonely Robot set on Sunday JM asked me if I liked the new songs. I (tactfully) pointed out that his amp drowned out all the other instruments for those of us in the front row, so all I knew about the new songs was that they contained guitar  ;)

To be fair, DueyC did point out this likelihood before the Lonely Robot gig, based on the Frost* gig the night before, and had situated herself somewhat off-centre to avoid being in the direct firing line of JM's Marshall amp. The main PA at De Boerderij is not very audible if you stand right in the front row, but you can at least position yourself away from on-stage amps.

But I thought it'd be nicer to stand in the middle and persuaded everyone to move. From there, the guitar and bass amps, and Blunders' drums were very audible, but the vocals and keys far less so.

Made for nice pix though and besides, the gig was recorded and filmed, so we can relive it in a more balanced way in the future.

AnsOnkruid

Woo, I'm famous! Nice to see you all :)

Too bad that the tiny robot at the Lonely Robot gig didn't do anything. I thought it was one of those dancing robots? :(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nellie

It's in the post!

rogerg