Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Jem, July 09, 2016, 12:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Hello all,

I've not forgotten about you honest. I'd just forgotten how time consuming it is to run this thing when it's going full steam.

What with the day job, finishing the album, sorting the gigs, doing all the promo and dealing with my dad's death in January, it's been a pretty intense 7 months. The response to the album has been fantastic and I want to thank everyone here who's helped spread the word, I don't think we've ever had as much exposure before or indeed as much love from the wider world. It's been amazing.

Thanks also to everyone who's come down to see us thus far. We've had a great time playing and all 4 of us are keen to do more having forgotten how much fun we have when we do eventually get together on a stage. The boys have astounded me nightly with their efforts and I'm honoured that they take the time to make space for this thing as they're all so super busy all of the time.

The next 4 shows will be an evolution of the first 4 as we've now had a chance to get a bit more comfy with the new stuff. I'm back down to a single keyboard for starters and the MIDI ironing board is restored and ready to go. :)

Once this run of gigs is done I'm going to take a bit of a break as I've been on the Frost* ride-on mower since May '15 pretty much and I'm finally feeling a bit jaded now. However I plan to get back at it with the remainder of the material I have here over this coming winter and then we'll be back out again, this time focussing on the EU next spring.

Before that though we have Ramblin' Man in Kent on the 23rd of this month (on at 2pm I think), Thekla in Bristol on the 29th, London on the 30th (Sold Out) and The Portland Arms in Cambridge on the 31st (5 tickets left).

Come and say hello if you're coming down to any of these. We do potter out afterwards looking for people to talk to. :)

Thanks again for being brilliant. We (and I) seriously appreciate everything you do for us.

Jx

gr8gonzo

Well done, you and your band of merry men. I hope to catch a gig again at some point, world willing, wallet permitting. 8)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

The pleasure is ours.
Sorry I didn't get chance to stay after the Wath gig, but I had a young noobie in tow.
Gig great
Album Great
News Great
.................Crack on
I used to have a signature

Mordwin

Quote from: Jem on July 09, 2016, 12:49:11 AM
Thanks again for being brilliant. We (and I) seriously appreciate everything you do for us.

Ditto!  :D

Trapezium Artist

However I plan to get back at it with the remainder of the material I have here over this coming winter and then we'll be back out again, this time focussing on the EU next spring.

I like the sound of that: Jem for Prime Minister, to save us from Brexit  ;)

On a slightly less surreal note (if such a thing was possible with respect to British politics at the moment), Edinburgh was brilliant and "Falling Satellites" a work of genius still revealing myriad layers of secrets with each listening. You should all be very proud of what you've pulled off.

Anyway, as for Europe next spring, as long as the Boerderij in Zoetermeer is on the European tour list, I shall be most happy. Except, of course, I still have to get myself to London at the end of the month for my second gig of this tour first  8)

owen

Hold the phone. We're still in the EU for a couple of years so surely you could manage a warm up or two? Preferably north of Watford?

Loved the album, loved the gig (Bilston), love the idea of more stuff.

Kick back and relax. Oh wait, 4 kids? Well, try ;)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on July 09, 2016, 08:21:24 AM
Anyway, as for Europe next spring, as long as the Boerderij in Zoetermeer is on the European tour list, I shall be most happy. Except, of course, I still have to get myself to London at the end of the month for my second gig of this tour first  8)

Frost* was just announced yesterday for Prog Dreams VI at Boerderij next March, so commence happiness.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

Always glad to serve, Boss!

DavSel

Always a pleasure to travel out and see you guys!  :D

DueyC

Ramblin' Man in Kent on the 23rd of this month (on at 2pm I think), Thekla in Bristol on the 29th, London on the 30th (Sold Out) and The Portland Arms in Cambridge on the 31st (5 tickets left).

See you at all of those, and Progdreams in March. Not that I'm hooked or anything... :D
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: gr8gonzo on July 09, 2016, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on July 09, 2016, 08:21:24 AM

Frost* was just announced yesterday for Prog Dreams VI at Boerderij next March, so commence happiness.

Indeed, saw that on Twitter yesterday and popped a cork  8)

manoncharles

Hello :)
I'm so happy to follow all the frosties adventures, even from afar. Big hugs for all fellow fans and also of course to Jem and the band xx
A fairytale in negative

BlindFate

Jem - "However I plan to get back at it with the remainder of the material I have here over this coming winter and then we'll be back out again, this time focussing on the EU next spring."

Does this mean a tonne of Unreleased Falling Satellites material to be released? Or completely newly written tracks? Or both!

I heard in an interview there were 4 or 5 tracks left off of FS...

Pedro

In fact there must be a total of two or three albums-worth of rejected tuneage over the years.

But remember it's the tuneage that Jem rejects that makes Jem's tuneage the best...

http://youtu.be/AZ_RoeZxhrU
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

tigermoth

"MIDI ironing board"
Lol, I like it. :) Congrats to you and the chaps on the fabulous album and the kickass shows if I might be so bold. :) The adoration and aclaim you are recieving is well deserved, and the to think that we could be having more new Frost music in the not so distant future is warming to the wotsits. :) But never work yourself in to the ground, you are no good to anyone there. :o)