Pre-gig drinkies in London tomorrow

Started by Trapezium Artist, July 29, 2016, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Anyone have any plans to meet somewhere near the O2 Academy in Islington tomorrow before the gig? Will be arriving late afternoon, leaving Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to it  8)

Ash

Ash
xxx

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Ash on July 30, 2016, 12:46:21 AM
I am interested in pre drinkies too

As one of those evil Europeans who'll be flying in, I don't know London well enough to know where to pre-meet.

Well, apart from the The Craft Beer Co. on White Lion Street. Not super close, but a good pub.

Thoughts?

Ash

I don't normally frequent London pubs as the drink prices are extortionate so I don't really know either.  I think I am going to drive to a station anyway so no booze for me.
Ash
xxx

Ash

TA, hope to see you later but won't be going to that pub, still undecided what time to get there

I am so very excited!  It has been too long since I last saw Frost* !!

Any other old time Frost*ies - see you tonight too! xxx
Ash
xxx

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Ash on July 30, 2016, 03:46:40 PM
TA, hope to see you later but won't be going to that pub, still undecided what time to get there

I am so very excited!  It has been too long since I last saw Frost* !!

Any other old time Frost*ies - see you tonight too! xxx

My lord: were you there, Ash?! Very disappointed not have seen you ...  :(

I wasn't able to read the forum again after I left home to fly over (forgotten my password, so can't access it via phone), and I arrived too late to go to the Craft Beer Co before (but did so after and had good chat with Susie and Rob).

Indeed, just a handful of old timers that I recognised (or old timer forumeers, at least) in London, but the gig was very good indeed, and despite being sold out and a fairly small space, not too crowded or hot at all, unlike Cambridge, it would seem.

That said, pretty much everyone complained afterwards about having sore feet, which is odd  :o

All that said, hope you had a good time too and that you enjoyed the gig  8)