Main Menu

Inspiration

Started by Rook, October 03, 2016, 01:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

So... we got a piano a few months ago. A beautiful Yamaha grand now lives in my lounge, to my utter astonishment.The kids started plonking away on it, and adamantly did not want me to show them anything. Imagine my surprise walking into the house hearing Mr 8 year old playing what was recognisably an attempt at Hyperventilate! Not exactly right, but I knew exactly what he was attempting. He had even enlisted Ms 5 Year old sister to "play this low note" because he couldn't get to it in time, but he felt it should be there.

Now Ms 5YO has a boom box and a selection of CDs she requested (Ayreon, Frost, Steven Wilson, etc) but Milliontown and Falling Satellites are pride of place. In fact the awful cacophony from yesterday turned out to be a music war where both kids were in their own bedrooms attempting to drown each other out with Milliontown (about 2 minutes out of sync).

So Jem, you are inspiring a new generation of kids in the same way Floyd, Zeppelin and Yes inspired me as a youngster :)

Thanks guv.

rogerg

That's awesome!!

Get some video of that Hyperventilate version ! ;)

tigermoth

Ha. Heartening indeed! :o)

Jem

Quote from: Rook on October 03, 2016, 01:12:12 AM
So... we got a piano a few months ago. A beautiful Yamaha grand now lives in my lounge, to my utter astonishment.The kids started plonking away on it, and adamantly did not want me to show them anything. Imagine my surprise walking into the house hearing Mr 8 year old playing what was recognisably an attempt at Hyperventilate! Not exactly right, but I knew exactly what he was attempting. He had even enlisted Ms 5 Year old sister to "play this low note" because he couldn't get to it in time, but he felt it should be there.

Now Ms 5YO has a boom box and a selection of CDs she requested (Ayreon, Frost, Steven Wilson, etc) but Milliontown and Falling Satellites are pride of place. In fact the awful cacophony from yesterday turned out to be a music war where both kids were in their own bedrooms attempting to drown each other out with Milliontown (about 2 minutes out of sync).

So Jem, you are inspiring a new generation of kids in the same way Floyd, Zeppelin and Yes inspired me as a youngster :)

Thanks guv.

:) :) :) :) :) LOVE THAT!! Thanks for letting me know. Properly brightened up my day that has.  :)

manoncharles

Whoa that's really impressive! I'm so jealous, I want a piano, can I come to your place? :p
A fairytale in negative