Does anyone out there know of....

Started by Blessed Dude, December 16, 2008, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blessed Dude

.... a good sample or software emluation of the Yamaha CP70/CP80 stage piano? Most of the ones I've heard are terrible and even the ones in Reason are iffy.
I\'ve fallen out my family tree........

EVP

Funny enough I was gonna post the same question! You beat me to it.

I had one on my K2000 but one of it's sound chips fried on me rendering it
to only a midi controller now  :roll:  I know sample tank had one that was 'okay'
but a little thin sounding.

If there was a software sampler that could read K2000 stuff I'd be on that in no time.
I'd be willing to share the sound I have on floppy.

The only other thing I could suggest is the Grand Electrix plugin.

http://www.araldfx.com/grandelectrix.php

D S

Is all this interest a result of Secret Song?  ;)
Or Keane / Peter Gabriel / U2 etc...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

sawtooth

I use Zero-G's Nostalgia which has a passable CP-70 when chorused, phased or EQ'd, but being sample-based it still doesn't have the random 'twang' of the real thing. That said Nostalgia is good or all manner of retro stuff such as vintage synth samples and the like.

Blessed Dude

Quote from: "D S"Is all this interest a result of Secret Song?  ;)
Or Keane / Peter Gabriel / U2 etc...

Sadly no. My wife and I recently separated and she took her CP80 away with her.....

tomskerous

Sorry to hear that mate. On both counts.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Blessed Dude

Jem

Hollow Sun do a fabulous one. I use it in Mach 5.

Blessed Dude

Cheers Jem. I looked online for this but there don't seem to be any active vendors for it at present. Will keep looking.

sawtooth

Quote from: "Blessed Dude"Cheers Jem. I looked online for this but there don't seem to be any active vendors for it at present. Will keep looking.

I think this is the same sample set as used in Nostalgia (see my earlier reply). Hollow Sun's Steve Howell supplied all of the vintage samples. Zero-G used to distribute it in the UK through Time & Space, but looking on the web, it looks like the Kontakt-powered version of Nostalgia has been discontinued.

However, Zero-G are offering the Nostalgia sound set as a download from their website here:
//http://www.zero-g.name/dlg/cart/index.php?c=31
 and I reckon you need pack 2 which contains the electro-mechanical section with the CP70B.

Blessed Dude

beetree

Thank you all for answering a question i never got to ask. I´ll try that one too. Does it load in Kontakt?. BTW i tried the Kurzweil PC3x the other day and it had a great sounding CP70, among other great e-pianos .
I know for I told me so!

Pedro

Did we all know that Touchstone's Rob Cottingham is a Kurzweil endorsee?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

beetree

Quote from: "Pedro"Did we all know that Touchstone's Rob Cottingham is a Kurzweil endorsee?

well I for one did not know, but good for him. I don´t have much experience of Kurzweil execept for the aforementioned test, which was very much a positive experience. It is a serious contender for my upcoming workstation purchase, but i don´t think it will load samples, will it? I´ll probably be looking at Roland or Korg i guess.
I know for I told me so!