The Philadelphia Experiment [2017 Remaster]

Started by gr8gonzo, January 24, 2017, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

I originally bought MTown from iTunes and loved it so much I had to get the CD. Well, when the 2013 remix was released on Bandcamp, I couldn't help myself, and I'm so glad I got it because the mix has a vinyl LP-like warmth I love. Absolutely worth it. I will likely buy the TPE remix for TDL alone on the chance I may have a similar experience.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jem

Quote from: gr8gonzo on January 24, 2017, 11:58:07 PM
I never noticed FD wasn't on the Bandcamp version. I haven't heard Jem explain why, but I bet if you ask him, there'll be four reasons, FOUR REASONS... :)

Thanks for fixing the date, Nellie! You're the best.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jem

Quote from: gr8gonzo on January 28, 2017, 07:09:51 AM
I originally bought MTown from iTunes and loved it so much I had to get the CD. Well, when the 2013 remix was released on Bandcamp, I couldn't help myself, and I'm so glad I got it because the mix has a vinyl LP-like warmth I love. Absolutely worth it. I will likely buy the TPE remix for TDL alone on the chance I may have a similar experience.

Thank you. Personally I think it's a much better version of TDL, most of all because I'm not now in the absolute depths of depression. Depression hampers mixing I now know.

Not to put a downer on it or anything.. ;)

It's still my fave Frost track for the sheer mania of it. I just wish it was doable live...

Perhaps if we expand to a 9 piece...

D S

Quote from: Jem on January 29, 2017, 10:20:13 PM
It's still my fave Frost track for the sheer mania of it. I just wish it was doable live...
:o
I've seen the current line-up perform TDL at least 3 times and it was always brilliant! Yes, there were a couple of compromises to play it live but nothing to its detriment.

Just do it - you know you want to!  ;D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

There's bound to be an itinerant muso on that there cruise. There's even a former member of the band: Nick. Just give them all a bit and...

rogerg

> Perhaps if we expand to a 9 piece...

Frost* with horns....

gr8gonzo

Quote from: rogerg on January 30, 2017, 12:00:58 PM
> Perhaps if we expand to a 9 piece...

Frost* with horns....

Then they'd just need the monkey and the arse.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

JimD

Quote from: Jem on January 29, 2017, 10:20:13 PM

Sounded fabuleux here - https://youtu.be/0KIC4Gf_pnQ
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Ivor

Have we been given a release date for this yet? Not that I'm impatient or anything...

/squats under letter box

L33VEY

Quote from: Ivor on February 13, 2017, 06:59:07 AM
Have we been given a release date for this yet? Not that I'm impatient or anything...

/squats under letter box

Mid February despatch per this - give Nellie time to get back home though   ;)
http://themerchdesk.com/merchdesk/index.php?route=product/product&path=87_18&product_id=629
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Ivor

QuotePre order for dispatch mid-February.

Ah! That'll be the bit I missed then.  ;D

Ta much.

Jem

We've put it back out as people kept emailing me saying they wanted to buy it so I figured I'd tweak TDL at the same time. The RoSFest gig is exactly the same as I don't have the multitrack master anymore so if you already have the album, you're not missing anything other than the TDL mix.

Falling Down was dropped as I wanted the gig to be as authentic as possible. Anybody who was at the show will remember the backing vocals not being quite as in tune as they appear on the album version.  ???

ONE reason.  ;D

It's the same reason that our version of No Me No You that we did at that gig never saw the light of day either.

rogerg