Night of the Prog (Germany) 2017: lineup complete

Started by ich_bin_besser, February 03, 2017, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ich_bin_besser

What a joke...  ::) :-[

QuoteKANSAS regretfully announces the cancellation of its 2017 European Tour. The cancellation is based on safety and security warnings issued by the United States government and various U.S. law enforcement agencies concerning Americans traveling in Europe this summer. KANSAS is extremely saddened that the band will not be able to perform for its European fans this year. (Kansas will post this tonight on their website and FB Site)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: ich_bin_besser on May 12, 2017, 05:57:03 PM

QuoteKANSAS regretfully announces the cancellation of its 2017 European Tour. The cancellation is based on safety and security warnings issued by the United States government and various U.S. law enforcement agencies concerning Americans traveling in Europe this summer. KANSAS is extremely saddened that the band will not be able to perform for its European fans this year. (Kansas will post this tonight on their website and FB Site)

What a crock. I'd suggest that European bands should boycott the US in response to the stupidities being enacted by their idiotic administration. Quite apart from the fact that you have a statistically higher chance of being killed by gunfire in the US than by terrorism in Europe.

But quite separately, are Anderson Rabin Wakeman still pushing the "Yes" label like this? It was bad enough in London on the marquee at the Apollo (although the gig itself was brilliant), but I didn't realise that it's a more widespread thing.

Surely there's a legal answer to this one way or the other: does Anderson own the name Yes, or do Howe et al.?

MikeEvs

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 12, 2017, 10:19:28 PM
Quote from: ich_bin_besser on May 12, 2017, 05:57:03 PM

What a crock. I'd suggest that European bands should boycott the US in response to the stupidities being enacted by their idiotic administration. Quite apart from the fact that you have a statistically higher chance of being killed by gunfire in the US than by terrorism in Europe.

But quite separately, are Anderson Rabin Wakeman still pushing the "Yes" label like this? It was bad enough in London on the marquee at the Apollo (although the gig itself was brilliant), but I didn't realise that it's a more widespread thing.

Surely there's a legal answer to this one way or the other: does Anderson own the name Yes, or do Howe et al.?

This was Yes reply to ARW changing the name to Yes featuring ARW:

Yes have responded to ARW's name change, apparently acknowledging that they can't stop the trio from touring as Yes Featuring Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman. "While Jon Anderson has rights to use the name as one of the co-owners of the trademark," an official statement says, "Yes' position is that every effort should be made by promoters, ticket agencies and all involved to respect Yes' magnificent and loyal fanbase and minimize confusion regarding the use of Yes Featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman."

It seems Anderson has the right to use the name

D S

Sense of deju vu here from the pre-Union era. Interestingly, I see Messrs Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, White & Rabin (with Geddy Lee on bass - seriously! ;D) performed Roundabout together recently at Yes' induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so hopefully things are not quite as tense as in the early 90s.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

I believe that ARW can't use the classic yes logo as that is owned by Steve Howe and Roger Dean. But not only does JA have the right to use the yes name, the fact that the 3 of them played at the hall of fame sets a precedent as well. And, let's face it, prog money isn't as big as lawyers fees so it's never going to court, unlike ABWH days.

Long story short Yes featuring... is here to stay

Meanwhile barely any European bands can play the states due to the visa problems. Hence Jem and co sailing the Caribbean. It's only the bigger legacy bands (Yes, Tull, Hackett) that find it worthwhile.