Fine Chilling Mime?

Started by gr8gonzo, December 17, 2008, 03:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

A little help?  Babelfish is useless for Frost* lyrics.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

RacingHippo

Oh, I don't know.
Using it to go from English -> Danish -> Italian -> English comes out with "Beautiful cooling mimo", which makes far more sense.
I daren't try Japanese or Arabic.
Yet.
* May contain nuts.

Dec

Well, the song is about divorce and the feeling of total loss.
My understanding of the line, "Fine chilling mime"  is how spoken communication eventually stops and feelings are then acted out in silent cold way in response to lies and deceit.....I might be wrong, but I think that's it, it's certainly how I tried to put the vocal across anyway .......hope that's of some help??

Very sad, but I would say it's my favorite song on the CD

LivingForever

Quote from: "Dec"Well, the song is about divorce and the feeling of total loss.
My understanding of the line, "Fine chilling mime"  is how spoken communication eventually stops and feelings are then acted out in silent cold way in response to lies and deceit.....I might be wrong, but I think that's it, it's certainly how I tried to put the vocal across anyway .......hope that's of some help??

And now it makes perfect sense... thanks very much! It's a cracking song, any chance we'll be hearing it on Saturday or it is too dangerous lest we all burst into tears?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Dec

o, it will certainly be aired at one of the gigs for sure  :D

RacingHippo

All across the country, echoes can be heard from the sound of pennies dropping in Frost*ie households.
Cheers Dec :D
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Dec"Well, the song is about divorce and the feeling of total loss.

Very sad, but I would say it's my favorite song on the CD

TYVM, Sir Declan of Burke.  It's always helpful to hear the story behind the song, especially Frost* songs - the lyrics of which often don't make the subject obvious.  I took "fine chilling mime" as a play on words, as in a 'fine, chilling wine,' but could not see how 'mime' translated in that context.  Makes total sense now, and yes, it's a definite jem of a song.

Cheers!  :)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Gandalf1986

Sir O'Burke, thanks! I was wondering about that... :shock:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro