I'd like to announce......

Started by Blessed Dude, December 17, 2008, 08:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "ChrisX"I'd like to announce that no matter what music critic might say otherwise Orchestre Symphonique De Montreal's recording of Holst's The Planets under the baton of Charles Dutoit is still THE BEST recording and performance ever  :!:  :!:

I'd like to hear that because I've always liked von Karajan's Berlin Phil recording on Deutsche Gramaphon.

The version I have (and adore) is the Toronto Symphony Orchestra conducted by Andrew Davis.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Nellie

Quote from: "catherine"... that the FIRST Lego League team that I coach did really well in the Cambridge regional competition recently and qualified for the UK final which is on 24 January in Loughborough. I'm so proud of them!
Are they real people then? ;)
It's in the post!

wickedwitch

i'd like to announce that i have just marzipanned the christmas cake and planned the decorations. christmas is coming. hurrah!

EVP

Quote from: "wickedwitch"i'd like to announce that i have just marzipanned the christmas cake and planned the decorations. christmas is coming. hurrah!

sweet!

I have to admit I'm rather far behind most xmas planning attm.

Gandalf1986

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

AnsOnkruid

...that my dad has eaten my biscuits once again :(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "AnsOnkruid"...that my dad has eaten my biscuits once again :(

Too bad!
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

LivingForever

I'd like to announce that I just realised the first vocal line of 'Dear Dead Days' and the first vocal line of 'Falling Down' have exactly the same melody.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

ChrisX

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "ChrisX"I'd like to announce that no matter what music critic might say otherwise Orchestre Symphonique De Montreal's recording of Holst's The Planets under the baton of Charles Dutoit is still THE BEST recording and performance ever  :!:  :!:

I'd like to hear that because I've always liked von Karajan's Berlin Phil recording on Deutsche Gramaphon.

Never heard the Karajan but somehow I think that he just doesn't has IT in this repertoire. The Montreal / Dutoit is just so exquisitely recorded and the performance is really stellar. I have actually 2 recordings and the other one is the last one Sir Adrian Boult did for EMI. I like that one also but it is a more relaxed performance where Dutoit just pulls out all the stops. Boult however has the authorative voice since he conducted the premiere of this piece.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

kyuwert

Quote from: "LivingForever"I'd like to announce that I just realised the first vocal line of 'Dear Dead Days' and the first vocal line of 'Falling Down' have exactly the same melody.

....wow, I never noticed that  :shock:

Nellie

I'd like to announce my EXPERIMENT IN xMASs CAKES. Smells delish. Polenta & ricotta cake with dates and brandy. :)
It's in the post!

Ash

ooh sounds interesting - bringing any on Sunday?
Ash
xxx

Nellie

Ha! Like there's going to be some left! :lol:
It's in the post!

Dave M

I'm watching Jamie Olivers Christmas ..... Ohhhh I'd love to eat dinner round his house, he can do the food I'll take take the music.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Ash

That I'm going to bed, busy weekend ahead of me  :D
Ash
xxx