TDL (new mix, I think)

Started by owen, June 29, 2017, 12:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Mooncat

Is this not the version redone for the Philidelphia Experiment reissue to coincide with the Pirate ship escapade  ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

DueyC

Wowzers! Is this really just a remix or has any of it been rerecorded? I can hear so much more going on.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Am I bad person for wanting to be able to download this & add it to my collection? Soundcloud always confuses me in this regard.

Help!

owen

The owner can put it for download, otherwise you're stuffed. It would be great if Jem added it to his Bandcamp site, we could download, with decent quality, and he could get some reimbursement for his hard work

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on June 30, 2017, 05:40:29 PM
The owner can put it for download, otherwise you're stuffed. It would be great if Jem added it to his Bandcamp site, we could download, with decent quality, and he could get some reimbursement for his hard work

Yes, sure: happy to pay for it. Even more if it was in a hi-res sound format beyond normal CD: would be a brilliant thing to play through my whizz-bang portable DAC ...  8)

kyuwert

Bought the TPE re-release disc but then remembered I don't have a disc drive available to rip it to my computer. Would happily pay for it again as digital on bandcamp.

Mikey

So has anybody been able to.........................................?
I used to have a signature

JimD

Wow, that's different!

Who was the bassist on TDL? It was all recorded post the EIMA-lineup IIRC. I remember in some vlogs seeing Jem playing some basic bass on bits of it, but the "run the extra mile" section after "the backwards bit" has some very bassist-y playing on it.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

D S

I'm pretty sure it was Nathan's first recording with the band - but I'll have to check on the notes in TPE when I get home.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

johninblack

Quote from: Mikey on July 08, 2017, 05:26:06 PM
So has anybody been able to.........................................?
I have the software to do it but I wouldn't spread it about without the bosses permission.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Quote from: D S on July 10, 2017, 01:19:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Nathan's first recording with the band - but I'll have to check on the notes in TPE when I get home.

From Wikipedia so it must be true :-

QuoteThe Dividing Line[edit]
On 2 February 2010, Jem announced via his blog that he had been invited to participate in the 10th anniversary party of The Dividing Line Broadcast Network, Vancouver, British Columbia's internet-based progressive rock radio station. Godfrey accepted, and, to thank them for their support of Frost*, tasked himself to write and record a new Frost* song, aptly titled, "The Dividing Line," to be completed within the eight weeks then remaining until the party.

Godfrey gathered not only fellow Frost* mates John Mitchell (It Bites), Andy Edwards, Dec Burke and Nathan King, but also enlisted the talents of Tara Busch, Mark "madfiddler" Knight, Lyndon Connah and original Frost* guitarist, John Boyes, for the one-off project. A special Frost* Report, Dividing Line edition, was posted on Godfrey's blog, as well as PlanetFrost*, the band's YouTube channel, providing a video chronicle of the song's status.

Jem announced on 31 March on the Frost* forum that the track was completed and would be included as a bonus track on the 2-disc live album, "The Philadelphia Experiment."

"The Dividing Line" premiered during The Dividing Line's 10th anniversary broadcast on Saturday, 3 April 2010.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JimD

About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age