Welcome To The Other Nowhere - Frost* Generations Mashed

Started by Pedro, December 17, 2008, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Hi,

I was listening to the instrumentals at work the other day and during the wonderful Welcome To Nowhere I got an idea.

So, here, as part one of my contribution to the festive buffet, is a little mash....  ;)

WelcomeToTheOtherNowhere

PS My thanks to the fantabulous Rick for his help.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rick

Very, Very clever Pedro, nice one, how the hell did you pick up on that??? (The fact that they overlaid so well?) you must have a great ear :)

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

catherine

SerFox

Id already hummed The Other Me to the Instrumental, but yours was done very cleverly. I wouldnt be able to make it that effective.

What gave it away for me was the similarity between "Relive my life I feel safer inside" and "Closing time for life", the big climax to the chorus.

Very well done!

RWA

johninblack

You clever frostie* you. You have way too much time on your hands :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Philadelphia

Quote from: "johninblack"You clever frostie* you. You have way too much time on your hands :D

Actually, I think he needs more time on his hands - imagine all the fun things he'd post! (;-)

Well done, Pedro! (:-D
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Dave M

... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "eponymous"Absolutely fabulous Pedro! :D

Another Frost*ie has recently made a "The Other Me" mashup that I hope he will eventually get around to sharing (hint, hint)

Oh, I think I'll spare them that abomination.  :oops:

Actually, I just listened to it again and it's sloppy in places, but could be much worse.  So, I suppose the question again becomes, "What's the best way to post an mp3 on here?"
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

gr8gonzo

Okay, I've just cleaned it up a bit and it's much more palatable.  Now... recommendations for the best method to post the file?

ChrisX

Wow... this is quite incredible. It really does fit :-)
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

gr8gonzo

Oh, I forgot to comment on Pedro's fine work!  Great job, Sir!  I really like how well the chorus vox meshes with the WTN chorus chords.  Nicely done, indeed.

Mikey

Quote from: "Dave M"No banjo's ?  :lol:
Or spoons.

Nice one as usual Pedders
I used to have a signature

sawtooth

It's a very fine line between genius and madness Pedders, and you've certainly teetered alarmingly over both sides in the past, but this is definitely in the former camp! Spiffoon! :D  :D