Main Menu

Pro Tools 8.0

Started by EVP, December 18, 2008, 05:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eviani

Quote from: "EVP"I see there has been much discussion over at the DUC about the new GUI in PT 8.0.
The color scheme dosen't bother me too much but they got to at least have an option
for that control panel for laptop users. I think I'll march on over to the support page
and fill out the feedback form ;)

Yeah, I want to get one of those new Dell 23" widescreen LCDs with full HD resolution for video editing.  Then I can use my 19" for mixer windows and such or...something

I think they'll definitely have an option for the control panel for laptop users at some point.  It makes sense.  I have yet to install it on my macbook pro but I will get around to it just to see what the difference makes.  I guess for now we all just have to get fluent with our shortcuts and screen layouts to make the best of it.  It does run well and I've had a much easier time working with MIDI (the little that I do with it) and getting a track up and running.  I just need to re-learn shortcuts because it's been several months since I've done anything.

Funny enough, I only decided to start recording some of my ideas again since I listened to EIMA and bought the deluxe special edition 3 weeks ago and watched everything in one sit in .  Thanks Jem!

EVP

This just in.

Someone over at the DUC has been naughty and figured out a way to get all the new plugins
in PT 8.0 to run in 7.4. They do work but you loose all the presets from what I hear.

//http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=236363

I may try this at some point.

XeRocks81

I wonder how Jem's big upgrade went?

EVP

Quote from: "XeRocks81"I wonder how Jem's big upgrade went?

Did he go fer it? I knew he was holding out for some of the NI stuff
to start working properly under Leopard and for an "all clear" from
folks over at the DUC.

Geetar

Quote from: "EVP"Yeah I was tempted to buy a monitor when I was out the other day but I decided
I needed a new guitar more so.

Sensible fellow.
This space for sale.

XeRocks81

Quote from: "EVP"
Quote from: "XeRocks81"I wonder how Jem's big upgrade went?

Did he go fer it? I knew he was holding out for some of the NI stuff
to start working properly under Leopard and for an "all clear" from
folks over at the DUC.

Well according to the Tweeter feed he's been installing Leopard at least.

EVP

Been messing around with PT 8.0 more the past week or so and I'm liking it
for the most part,but some parts of the GUI could be a little brighter.
Adjusting the brightness control in the color pane doesn't do much.
I would really like to go back to using Pro Tools full time at some point
but until they incorporate proper delay compensation for LE/Mpowered
it will only remain as an audio editor or for light duty mixing on projects
that don't have a ton of delay.

I do have the Mellomuse Auto Time Adjuster plugin and it works well
but it tends to throw off your automation if you're not careful.

Jem

I've got a dual boot Mac at the moment with both OS versions on. And PT8 is sat behind me in a box ready to go. Oh to have the time to do something about it.  :?

EVP

Quote from: "Jem"I've got a dual boot Mac at the moment with both OS versions on. And PT8 is sat behind me in a box ready to go. Oh to have the time to do something about it.  :?

When the time calls,ye shall seek and install.

And it will be glorious.

after seeing Beano's latest thread, I might consider getting a Mac pro and finding
some used HD cards!