New album.

Started by tigermoth, September 21, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Hello there folks. I'm very happy to announce that The Depths Of Winter is now available for download on Bandcamp.
https://tigermothtales.bandcamp.com/
For those who like a download, it's there right now, but of course you can stil get the CD from the Bandcamp page. Many thanks to all who have bought a copy. :)

rogerg

nice!  Payday on Friday, and then I'll be back!

looking forward to hearing the whole thing, Pete.

tigermoth

I'm very happy to say there's another video on Youtube from the new Tiger Moth Tales album.  I present to you, Migration. :)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwfDQdwYNmU   Huge thanks to Rob Reed and Chris Jones for the video. :)

owen

When are the cd's being sent out, Pete?

Pedro

Yet another stunningly beautiful track from The Depths Of Winter...the track is called "Migration". Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/rwfDQdwYNmU
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

tigermoth

Many have already been sent out sir. I'm sure yours will arrive soon. :)

Mordwin

Had a great time last night at the Abel Ganz "The Prog Before Christmas" charity bash in Glasgow, headlined by out very own Tigermoth Tales. Thanks for a great show Pete and band!

And thanks to the other bands that took part, Long Earth, Comedy of Errors and of course Abel Ganz, I'm sure much money was raised (just the raffle must have made over £1000) for Maggie's, and that everyone had a fun evening.

owen

Hi Pete. Still not got my CD and no reply from the label when I emailed, either. Anyone else I should contact?

tigermoth

Hi Owen. I'm sorry to hear that. Bugger. I don't know which email you used, but a line to Will Mackie might be the best idea.
will@caerllysimusic.co.uk 
Hi there Mordwin. Many thanks, glad you could be there. It was a fab night wasn't it. :)

owen

Thanks Pete. That seems to have done the trick. Will's posting it on Tuesday. Looking forward to hearing it

D S

Pete,
Sorry for not mentioning it earlier but I've really been enjoying The Depths of Winter.  I think it is your best work yet.  True, it is a more 'serious' album, quite a bit darker than the last two (and having read the Prog interview I can appreciate why) but I think it will stand the test of time better as a result.  There are some fantastic vocal performances and your musicianship on lots of different instruments has me as envious as ever!  8)
I am assuming that there were a few deliberate nods to Frost* in there, not the least being on The Tears of Frigga, which has some very Milliontown moments (and even has the line "And although the frosted berries"!).  There's quite a Genesis feel to some songs too - I thought you maybe had Mr Hackett guesting on Sleigh Ride with that amazing guitar sound - but overall a clear TMT sound is emerging.
I recently got a ticket to see Camel in Newcastle later next year, neatly killing 2 birds with one stone as I finally get to see Camel live and I also get to see you play live!  You never know, I might get a chance to say hi before or afterwards.  :)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

Yeah, I'm going to sunny Manchester. Looking forward to it

Mikey

Quote from: D S on December 31, 2017, 01:51:16 PM
Pete,
Sorry for not mentioning it earlier but I've really been enjoying The Depths of Winter.  I think it is your best work yet.  True, it is a more 'serious' album, quite a bit darker than the last two (and having read the Prog interview I can appreciate why) but I think it will stand the test of time better as a result.  There are some fantastic vocal performances and your musicianship on lots of different instruments has me as envious as ever!  8)
I am assuming that there were a few deliberate nods to Frost* in there, not the least being on The Tears of Frigga, which has some very Milliontown moments (and even has the line "And although the frosted berries"!).  There's quite a Genesis feel to some songs too - I thought you maybe had Mr Hackett guesting on Sleigh Ride with that amazing guitar sound - but overall a clear TMT sound is emerging.
I recently got a ticket to see Camel in Newcastle later next year, neatly killing 2 birds with one stone as I finally get to see Camel live and I also get to see you play live!  You never know, I might get a chance to say hi before or afterwards.  :)
I too have sinned and not given a toptastic vote to TDOW, I was thinking along the same lines as DS with the Frost* & Genesis nods, a splifdenderous album  :) :) :) :)
I used to have a signature