Main Menu

Towerblock...

Started by lyn, May 05, 2018, 10:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyn

Hey Frosties
Two years on, just wanted to fire up some discussion around Falling Sattelitas. I heard the cd on launch day, with friends, and whilst I loved Towerblock from the off, I thought it might be a challenge for some. And, how on earth would Jem land it live?
Well, they did it, and Jem did the live stuff too. Live was awesome. At Dingwalls, I wondered if Regents Canal might flood in, just to check out the bass :) Also, when I listen to the track now, in my brain it is filed alongside Close to the Edge (which I first heard at school) Just interested to hear some other opinions of how this awesome musical challenge landed its place in your psyche?
Or shall I get my coat?
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Mordwin

I'll admit it took a listen or two to click, but the best stuff often does :)

Brom

I've just got myself a new amp and a subwoofer - what I have not had yet is some time to myself to give the new stuff some real welly! I'll certainly be listening to Towerblock..... and will report back. As a track, I've loved if from the word go!  :) :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mikey

Quote from: Brom on May 09, 2018, 09:59:54 AM
As a track, I've loved if from the word go!  :) :)
What he said  ;D
I used to have a signature

RoeDent89

Without question the most bonkers ending to a track I've ever heard...and I LOVE it! It is literally like they took a wrecking ball to the song and ripped it apart.

Trapezium Artist

It's a bloody marvel and in my experience, the louder you play it, the better it gets  8)