Reviews: Frost* at The Peel

Started by ich_bin_besser, December 19, 2008, 11:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilHarmonic

Goergeous!! And so entertaining - the whole evening!!  Nearly missed it due to a cock up on age limit nonsense, but Twang sorted that out in the end.

Christmas intros (last heard 'I Believe In Father Christmas' when GL himself performed it on his last tour of GB - seems ages ago!)   And then there was the band to audience interaction - only at at a Frost gig!!  Blooming marvellous!  BTW - who was that masked magician?

And, if you are listening - total 'top hats' off to the guest vocalist on 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas' - that man deserves a star with a couple of knobs on it!  Pressured into into it by JM (as the sax player let him down) and, possibly / reluctantly, press ganged into doing the biz.  You are a star and the band know it!! It just topped a night of pure excellence and downright fun.

Thank you to one and all for such a great night - kiss, kiss, kiss (if you know what I mean!!) - my mistletoe has yet to arrive, but I live in hope.

Yeah, and Jem's Santa hat - pigtails and A MASK - I'm in love!!!!
I play the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "Brom"
I wonder what JM was thinking...

Oh I wish I could have been there, but sounds like you had a great time, happy to hear that :)
Nice pics btw!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HelenDo

Indeed it was a fabulous evening  :D

One of my top gigs (if not the top) of 2008  :D

Don't know where to begin to describe how amazing it all was. The two things that struck me the most was how great it is to see musicians so obviously enjoying themselves. Secondly just what an absolutely fantastic keyboard player Jem is (1st prize to me for stating the b******g obvious  :roll: )

Sorry Frosties I wasn't feeling very sociable last night. I'd had ear ache all day. The gig managed to clear that up as well  :lol:

Thanx for the santa hat  :D

Helen xxx
Keep right on!

Ash

Does anyone have any good shots of the crowd?  It was jam packed (sorry to everyone I barged past to get to the front) and then when later I went and watched it on the screen in the other bar, it really did look amazing with all the santa hats.

Truly the best atmosphere at a gig I've been to for years - that bit when we were all humming along, wonderful.
Ash
xxx

flamadiddle

I know that Dec took a picture of the crowd near the beginning of the night, so you may be able to convince him to post it for all to see.

wickedwitch

right my lovelies, and what a lot of lovelies you were.

what a blast eh?  I've not had as much fun (or suffered so much tinnitus!) in many moons, despite being sober as a judge.

Firstly ... thanks to Tom for the lift. you are a pearl amongst men and i love you dearly.

Secondly ... Stuart and Robin .. 4 of We5. I cant believe its the first time we have all got together in the flesh. Lets do it again sometime soon.
Thirdly ... Twang - thanks for giving me somewhere to put my coat. I couldnt have circulated so well, or bounced nearly as high, with it on.
Fourthly ... the man (dave?) who begrudgingly let me in front of him to the front to take photos. You are such a sweetheart and i hope i didnt ruin your view too much.
Fifthly ... the band. oh the music. my dears, i simply  havent the words. Long Live Frost*.
Sixththly ... Philly and Hippo for the cooling fan and the hugs and not minding the headbanging.
Sevenethelly ... LNR for making me feel good about knowing which knobs to turn.
Seventhellly and a half ... Mr LNR for taking the time to insist we make up, though i could have done without the mistletoe thing.

Eighththely  ... Lerxst and Vit P for saying nice things about my photos and making me feel about 10 ft tall.
Ninetheyly ... John and Mark and Martin for walking me back, feeding me and making me laugh lots.  It's good to laugh. oh and lets not do the piggyback thing again ok? !
Tenthly ... it was so lovely to meet all of you wonderful folk, whos names i have sadly forgotten on account of having the memory of a goldfish.

in conclusion ... photos, as and when i get the time to post them ... on the usual site. address below.

kisses

nicky x

Dave M

Fabulous gig, Andy and JJJ were on fire, felt for the Lord of Rock ... he was experiencing Nigel Tuffnel moments (think US airbase), Dec sung his heart out (and ending up losing his voice) Jem looked very happy with his new Frostiverse Gig Rig... very bling !
It was more or a party than a gig, as ever the boys were very generous with their time after the gig.
Special mention goes out to Cosmic Lawnmower ... a surprise vocal at the end, and a bloody fine taxi driver .. thanks !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Brom

Quote from: "Sarah"Does anyone have any good shots of the crowd?  It was jam packed (sorry to everyone I barged past to get to the front) and then when later I went and watched it on the screen in the other bar, it really did look amazing with all the santa hats.

Truly the best atmosphere at a gig I've been to for years - that bit when we were all humming along, wonderful.

I've got video of the "I wish it could be Xmas Every day" ... sorry Cosmic Lawnmower, but you were a star!!!  :D and I turned the camera around and there are some faces to be seen... I will load it up when I get a chance - Promise  :D

Oh, and whoever you were infront of me with the camera and shorts, thanks very much for the Tunnocks Wafer, you are a true gent Sir!  :D  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

Might an attendee indulge us with the set list?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

catherine

Does anyone have photos/video of RacingHippo doing his thing with the magician in the straitjacket? That was absolutely priceless; just thinking about it makes me grin  :D

Well done RacingHippo! Awesome buckling!  :D

Brom

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Might an attendee indulge us with the set list?

just keep clicking back......  ;)  :D

Page 2 should do it!!  :D

RacingHippo

Quote from: "catherine"Does anyone have photos/video of RacingHippo doing his thing with the magician in the straitjacket? That was absolutely priceless; just thinking about it makes me grin  :D

Eep!
I was hoping everyone had forgotten that  :oops:
I know there are piccies cuz I've seen some. But I'm buggered if I'm telling you who in case you badger her/him into posting them  :P

Thankyou, though, Catherine. If you need anything buckling, you know who to call..
And howcome you didn't introduced yerself? I'll have to come to another Frost* gig now!
* May contain nuts.

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"Does anyone have photos/video of RacingHippo doing his thing with the magician in the straitjacket? That was absolutely priceless; just thinking about it makes me grin  :D

Anything to oblige  :D

gr8gonzo

Thank you, Sir.  I somehow managed to miss that entire page!  :(
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

wickedwitch

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"

Thank you, Sir.  I somehow managed to miss that entire page!  :(

did you go 'doh!' when you realized?!  :twisted: