Reviews: Frost* at The Peel

Started by ich_bin_besser, December 19, 2008, 11:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Brom"Something non Frost I could'nt put my finger on

If memory serves correctly, that'd be a little ditty by Rush that goes by the name of La Villa Strangiato.
Or did I just dream that?
* May contain nuts.

Brom

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Brom"Something non Frost I could'nt put my finger on

If memory serves correctly, that'd be a little ditty by Rush that goes by the name of La Villa Strangiato.
Or did I just dream that?

Ah!! Yes!!

errr.... I mean Rush!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Brom

Some early morning uploaded pics on my Flicker pages.

And for all of you who couldn't make it HERE IS THE BLM SOLO  :D !!!! Enjoy!!

Ash

Quote from: "Brom"2nd Encore
I wish it could be Christmas every day, with (forgive me if I'm wrong) Frostie* Cosmic Lawnmower? on "Volunteer" guest vocals!, well done that man.

Good night.

:D  :D

PHEW!!! Didn't miss much then  :D
Ash
xxx

tomyg

What a great night.......more of a party than a gig.
Thanks to Jem and the lads I also have a new Santa hat ( for those of you that couldn't make it, Jem threw dozens of Christmas hats out into the crowd).
I thought the musicianship was sublime although JM was struggling in the early part of the show with guitar feed-back problems.
Andy was exceptional on the drums and what a cracking voice Declan has.
John was a solid as ever on bass whilst Jem remains the keyboard master.
All in all a fabulous night and for me the first time I've actually managed to see the guys live so what a treat.
I took lots of pictures so will upload in due course and finally I was happy to give away my two spare tickets to a pair guys who were genuinely into the music.
Nice to meet you all, hope you have a great Christmas :D

Philadelphia

I only have eight minutes left on this comp so my current review goes a little something like: "ahhhh..."

'Twas a wonderful gig in many different ways! I'll get into it more when I get home, which should be about 27 hours from now. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

RH just got here, so I'll be off for a walk (or getting lost) around Kingston. Might see some of you at The Peel later! (:-D

/Karin B.
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Bert

Great gig. I've rarely been to one that was such fun. Everyone, from band to audience just seem to really enjoy it. I got very pissed but the Chicken Mega Meal from across the road sorted that out :-)

Just got home to darkest Norfolk, having left KuT at about 7am. Then had blow-out on M25 - not of the food variety !!!

To all the fellow Frost*ies I met, wonderful to have seen you all at last, although the level of devotion most of you show to Frost and other bands we talked about puts me to shame. I was really impressed. Anyway, may it be the first of many.  

Have a Happy Xmas
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

TimSE

It was such a great gig!
johns guitar was a bit of a shame with the noises but still i dont think it stopped anyone from enjoying it any less than what they did!
Was a really great treat to se a band really have fun playing.
Too much professionalism in the bussiness these days... not nearly enough fun!
Big Thanks to the guys again for putting on such an enjoyable night  :)
The support act was pretty awesome too! very unexpected hahah! :D:D

L33VEY

When Jem went into "Fly on the Windshield" I had a vague hope that they'd carry on and do the whole Lamb.  Now that would have been something...

Could happily have enjoyed a few more encores to bring in WTN, DDD and FD, but then there'd be nothing left..

And echo the "well done" to the Frostie on guest vocals - if he hasn't got a band then he should find one.  Jem - Don't suppose there's a rehersal recording floating around is there?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Sounds like an absolute blast!  :D

But I can't believe no one mentioned the new live rig!!!!  :x
How was it?! How did it look and sound?!?!?  :shock:

And... who was it on guess vocals then?!

wickedwitch

cosmic lawnmower was guest vocals. he rawked like a christmas hurricane!

Tricky

Damn, damn, damn, damn...
sounds like a damn fine time was had by all (but not me  :( )

I didn't realise that JM had a triple neck guitar - and a miniature shoulder-mounted Dec

nice one Brom  :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

catherine

I'm just surprised, no, make that ASTONISHED, that no-one's mentioned the oboe solo, the mistletoe and the 3-way kiss...  :shock: no wonder there was a minimum age for admittance. Paul, the friend I dragged along to see it, was a bit taken aback!

Absolutely brilliant gig - loved it all, and can't wait until 10 Jan now.

And lovely to see Sarah, WW, Sawtooth, LivingForever, Lerxst, Big Black Shed, Tomskerous, Brom and other forumites - it felt like one big happy family party.

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"I'm just surprised, no, make that ASTONISHED, that no-one's mentioned the oboe solo, the mistletoe and the 3-way kiss...  :shock:

I sort of did... see  my pics, don't forget a lot of the Frosties are still at The Peel!!!

Nice to meet you too C!  :D

Narek

Quote from: "Brom"And for all of you who couldn't make it HERE IS THE BLM SOLO  :D !!!! Enjoy!!

Awesome!!! And Jem's Santa hat.  :D
I wont be the good for nothing.