Reviews: Frost* at The Peel

Started by ich_bin_besser, December 19, 2008, 11:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

My guess is it was one of those situations where I was trying to get to that page when the evil white screen appeared and I didn't get back to it later.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

tomskerous

It was just bleedin' marvellous, from the first moment to the last.

Nicky, likewise. Thank you for your hotel-based generosity, and I can think of few more perfect travel buddies.  Shame the traffic jams never live up to the company. x
We5 - a joy to get us all together in one place at last. Robin, thanks so much for bringing Musar, and to temporary additions Mark/Martin for leaving behind the one can of Kroney that rounded off my evening so perfectly.
To Jem, for your attempts to buy everyone in the world their pizza when you'd already provided us with santa hats.
Twang for putting the thing together in the first place
The band for just making me smile so bloody much and reminding me why music is just the best thing ever. (JM - we all had a great time, a few guitar noises pale compare to Jem's semi-regular 'oh shit  I've forgotten how the song goes' moments)
To Frosties both old and new - what a lovely bunch you all are
To my wife for letting me stay out and play
And, of course, to Asia for giving me one thing in my life to despise and provide balance in everything else.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

EVP

tomskerous

Quote from: "EVP"But were there any biscuits?

As far as the eye could see mate, as far as the eye could see.

Plates on the bars, on the tables - but Twang himself should be the man to admit to the heinous subversive crime against biccieism that lurked on each plate.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Dave M

Maybe I was drunk (ok ,I was) but the quote that sticks in my mind after an on stage  three way kiss was "it's not Christmas without a little man love" ...   :lol:
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

HelenDo

Just wanted to add - Cosmic Lawnmower - you are a star  :D

Not sure I've been to a gig before where there was so much love in the room - both between the band  :shock: and the audience

I've been to far too many gigs where you get the feeling the band can't stand each other any more or probably never liked each other in the first place  :lol:

I still have a warm glow  :P

Helen xxx
Keep right on!

TonyB

Well I thought they were bloody amazing!
It's a rarity to go to a gig where you can see the band having quite so much fun!
I laughed a lot :)

Let's face it, you can't beat a gig where the:

1: Bassist wears a ridiculous wig
2: There's lot of comments along the line of "Shit how does it go again?" by the amazing Mr. Godfrey
3: There is a pause in the quiet sections MID-LYRIC to have a swig of your beer
4: The band drink booze on stage
5: There are xmas hats involved
6: There are hilarious xmas covers with the announcement "Oh F*** it it's xmas!"
7: A random member of the audience gets up to sing an entire song, and does a good job of it too!
8: The support is a comedy routine

I could go on and on and on...Simply one of the best, most entertaining gigs i've ever been to :)
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

wickedwitch

Quote from: "TonyB"1: Bassist wears a ridiculous wig

oi, that's my poison ivy wig you're dissing there!  :evil:  :D

JONRES

First of all, thanks for an absolutely cracking gig - it's a long time since I've had so much fun and been part of such a good natured crowd.

A couple of comments and observations that made me chuckle; I was there with my (long suffering) fiancĂ©e and brother, neither of whom are familiar with the prog genre.  In fact while I piled into the crowd they sat behind and watched the gig on the TV in the bar round the corner.  I was a bit worried about them, so near the end of the first encore I came out to see how they were getting on, to find them both nodding their heads and tapping their feet - a good sign.

My brother (who is a rock/jazz drummer, for want of a better description), said "A lot of it was exhilarating, but some parts I hadn't got a clue what was going on - I was counting beats of 7 at one point".  Welcome to prog.  He also said the drummer had inspired him to try out some new stuff himself - hoorah, a convert!

In the meantime, I heard the opening bars of "The Lamb" start up, so made my excuses and dived back in.  The crowd reaction to The Lamb was amusing, to say the least.  On the one hand there were the old timers like me bellowing every word at the top of our lungs, and on the other there were the younger members of the audience saying things like "What the heck is this? Is it a new song?"  My brother's reaction was "I thought they'd wandered off into a Broadway musical by accident"!

Anyway, damn good night, and great job all round.  Gutted I didn't get a hat though.  :D
"I\'ve tried broadcasting my music via telepathy whilst in the bath, but I\'m shit at it. Hence the gigs."

RacingHippo

Added to which, Mikey (bless 'im) brought a Ton of Tunnocks (both the teacakes and the wafers, and both in milk and dark choc) (some of which were later used as ammunition against the band) and Jaffa Cakes along.

I'll probably post a few more photos later, but for now you can see 'em on my Farcebook, here.
* May contain nuts.

Ash

Quote from: "Brom"[

Oh, and whoever you were infront of me with the camera and shorts, thanks very much for the Tunnocks Wafer, you are a true gent Sir!  :D  :D

Yes thank you lurking kilt wearer at IQ for my Tunnocks Wafer too

And my photos are at http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s295 ... %20201208/

Nobody has commented about JIB's fantastic hair yet...

Don't forget Sunday lunchtime had a wonderful acoustic set by Tinyfish

Photos at http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s295 ... %20211208/
Ash
xxx

Philadelphia

Quote from: "catherine"Does anyone have photos/video of RacingHippo doing his thing with the magician in the straitjacket?

Taken out of context, that is a brilliant sentence. (:-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

wickedwitch

Quote from: "RacingHippo"

Added to which, Mikey (bless 'im) brought a Ton of Tunnocks (both the teacakes and the wafers, and both in milk and dark choc) (some of which were later used as ammunition against the band) and Jaffa Cakes along.

I'll probably post a few more photos later, but for now you can see 'em on my Farcebook, here.
i did bring frost*ed christmas cake and stollen but i dont know what happened to it after i put it on the bar!  oh and i had a bag of sweets for anyone who looked in need !

turbo

Just want to give a very big frostie thank you to the boys , that was one of the best shows ive seen for many many years , brought my boys along who loved it as well and they dont like anything prog , i think frost have something about them that younger people can enjoy as well as us old farts .  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

LivingForever

Uggghhhh

Just arrived home

Too tired to type

Best weekend ever

Later
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/