Toys Video - Call it my Frost*ie Report for 2008! : UPDATED

Started by Pedro, December 20, 2008, 11:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Ok so LBP is on at the moment.  I am starting to feel for Mrs Pedro, all those brilliant posts, all those brilliant mixes and the brilliant Toys Video, do you ever have time to do stuff around the house?  ;)
Ash
xxx

Pedro

Well....what can I say?

I have been quite blown away by the wonderful reactions - thanks to everyone who has posted and commented - really makes it worth all the effort.

I won't blather on (yeah right! :roll:) but I will try to answer some of the questions as briefly as I can :-

Codex: I started on or around November 25th, more or less as soon as the penny dropped that I could really do just about *anything* using the game. I kept a blog of some of the process (here) but it doesn't go into too much detail. I think in the whole month I pulled something like 6 all-nighters and paid for them with about 12 wash-out evenings where I fell asleep within minutes of trying to get started.

Pastoor: I would love for it to matter enough for official interest to be shown but, as I said right from the start and others have mentioned too, the seeking of permission to use it "officially" might be a problem....although it could be a good advert too. Of course, it would *have* to be tweaked in several places to improve readability and re-captured for better quality.

Enthewhite: What you see in the video is something like 8 separate maps but only two or three of them contain "joined-up" sequences. These are "E-Go to Wonderland", "Know-ware to MillionTonScales" and "Underground to Tardis". These were probably the hardest to do, constructing them to fit the timing in the first place and then trying to "perform" them in a continuous take without knobbing it up...which happened a lot! The rest of the "sets" are disjointed constructions all bunched in together. I might put one or two of them "up" on the game level servers but they will not really appeal to people looking for something "playable"

gr8gonzo: Yes it is indeed the wordsearch! What else would a dedicated Frost* fan be doing between gigs? :)
The forum post says "Gig tonight, bring biscuits! Jem x"
The first unreadable HITN sign says "Mount Forst*more Open For Viewing"
The lyric pun after the Valley road jump is "Cell/Yaw/Stocking/Cello side"
The Platform2 sign attempts to show three stations on the line "Easy", "Milliontown" and "The Gig" labouring that the ride is going east of easy.  :roll:
The second unreadable HITN sign says "Meteors Wreck Underground" referring to HITN lyric and "explaining" the damage to the track and how a pipe might lead to the stock market(!?)
The CORT/UORI thing was meant to be cleverer with parts of the name swivelling (C <-> U and T <-> I) but things in LBP can get really hard to edit once they reach a certain level of complexity - plus I was out of time and the "less is more rule" was screaming at me too! Thanks so much for taking the trouble to list it all - really good to know what worked and what didn't. :)
I think you nailed pretty much all of it - the green "I"s (eyes) in "Jealouscide Inc." might be too obscure. I had planned/hoped to get references to all of the tracks in there somewhere but the "Dear Dead Days" and "Secret Song" references never made the cut. I also meant to to refer to some or all of the guy's other bands but Darwins Radio and Arena were the only ones I got in there.  :)

Ashleaze: Mrs Pedro is an absolute star and I love her to bits - she hardly complains when I get these obsession rushes. As she puts it, at least she knows where I am and, to be fair, I do try my best to jump to it when hailed. However, there are some long-standing DIY tasks that have stalled almost permanently!
This particular obsession punched a ridiculous hole in our Christmas preparations (for example we finally bought a tree today!!) so I am in in catch-up mode all day tomorrow.  :)  

Hmm....maybe I did blather a bit!
Sorry, night all!  :)

Pedders
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Fogeyspasm

Think its brilliant. I laugh everytime i watch it.
Now i need to buy a ps3 though! :shock:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Fogeyspasm

Forgot to add. Would love to see the vid in all its glory in a higher resolution. :D
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

RacingHippo

Just watched it with Pygmy Hippo, who absolutely adores it.
And I still found myself muttering "brilliant!" under my breath (although without the "bloody" this time).
It is a work of genius.
* May contain nuts.

RWA

Can't believe I overlooked this one..........  :?

Watched it today. I'm speechless Pedders! Absolutely fantastically brilliant job!!!!  8-)

keithd

Well that brightened up my morning  :)

Brilliant Pedro!!
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Brom

Even though we chatted about it at THE GIG on Saturday, I still want to add my congrats here on a brilliant bit of creative work. Wait---Bit??.. more like a monster!

The Bromites love it and if you don't mind I'm going to post it on my blog very soon!

The Million Ton crane, fantastic!  :D

Now have a very relaxing Xmas, and get some sleep!!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mikey

Pedders...That's a Christmas cracker :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I used to have a signature

MrsJiB

On behalf of both "Prog Dogs" mummies we thank you for his inclusion in your mini masterpiece.
 There is only one problem now how do we stop his ego from getting any bigger, he won't be able to get in the car if his head gets any bigger and that just won't do! Lol :roll:

He is really looking forward to January 10th now...........

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

J Jonah Jameson

Brilliant Ped.  Got to do something with that!

JJJ

johninblack

Quote from: "J Jonah Jameson"Brilliant Ped.  Got to do something with that!

JJJ

Gotta say it would be criminal not to let that excellent and imaginative piece of work out to a wider audience. Well done Pedders.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Nellie

I've only just seen this, (probably due to the server errors!!) and you are truly a genius Pedro. Enjoy the praise as you deserve it! Merry Christmas to you too. :)
It's in the post!

rogerg

Pedro, that is just fabulous.  I am filled with smiles!  thank you!!!