Secrets found in the music

Started by Karsten, September 07, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten

Hello there fellow Frost*ies,
I've been listening to Frost* for quite a while now and I've found some possible hidden messages in their songs, and I know Jem has talked about putting them in in some of his vlogs.
So my question is has anyone bothered to decode some of these?

Here's a list of things I know or suspect to be a hidden message:
-Pretty sure there's morse code in Welcome To Nowhere
-The very long, seemingly voice-based, part in Wonderland at around the halfway mark.
-Of course there's the backwards part in The Dividing Line (it's easy enough to decode but if anyone wants an audio file let me know).

And that's about it for now, I really like puzzles so I'll try to find more.
If you know of any please let us know ;D.

Thanks, Karsten

Ps. very special interpretations of the lyrics that aren't obvious I'd count as a secret as well  ;).

Pedro

Hi Karsten,
Welcome aboard.   :)
It can be quite quiet on here these days but the natives are (mostly) friendly.  ;D

Yes, we have between us figured out most, if not all of the embedded messages...that we know about.  ;)

The first was the backwards bit in Milliontown;"do not play this backwards please unless you live in Belize I will come round to your house, make you cups of tea"). I was so proud to contact Jem about it and be told I was the first to call it in.

Also cracked the morse code in Welcome to Nowhere ("I buried Andy") and the morse code in Closer To The Sun on Falling Satellites ("Anyone fancy a pint?")
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

and there's always that puzzler about your favorite biscuit?

heh

Welcome to the funhouse!!

:D

Karsten

Aha I see,
"I buried Andy"? Sounds familiar.
A reference to the conspiracy theory that Paul McCartney is actually dead and that he was replaced by a lookalike, if one of their songs, Strawberry Fields Forever, was played backwards you could hear the words "I buried Paul" over and over again.