Author Topic: Camel at the Bridgewater, Manchester  (Read 54 times)

Offline owen

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
Camel at the Bridgewater, Manchester
« on: September 09, 2018, 01:14:13 AM »
Friday night I went to see Tiger Moth Tales, featuring everyone's second favourite keyboard player, but they didn't do any original stuff, just a bunch of Camel covers.

Seriously, really enjoyed it, Pete was brill and (deservedly) got a standing ovation for his sax playing. 2 photos, which probably won't get used in the band's promo shots.

EDIT: Ah bollocks, I can't work out how to upload. Well, you didn't miss anything. I need to shrink the size apparently

Offline owen

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
Re: Camel at the Bridgewater, Manchester
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:22:07 AM »
aha!

Offline owen

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:23:36 AM »
also this. I told you it wasn't worth while

Offline D S

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wednesdaywithoutwoe
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 08:01:02 AM »
I was at the Newcastle gig last night. Gig of the year for me - absolutely brilliant. I'm a big Camel fan anyway but the addition of Pete into the band has taken them to another level. His keyboard playing was spot on, nailing all the 70s sounds (I'd love to know how he had all the patches and splits set up), his lead vocals gave me goosebumps (best of the 3 lead vocalists) but his sax playing was a revelation. He was even playing sax and keyboards simultaneously during Lady Fantasy! He similarly got huge applause for his solo on Rajaz.
The rest of the band were also on form. You had to remind yourself Andy Latimer is now 69 and had to relearn how to play the guitar after many years of serious illness. Great to finally get to see him and hear his unique tone live.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Offline owen

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:47:45 AM »
+1 on the vocals and even more so, the sax. Dunno, I was expecting him to nail the keyboards, which he did in spades! Maybe Im spoiled. I was expecting Andy to be sitting as I heard hed been seriously ill recently but he looked great and I dont know anyone who plays electric guitar so melodically (maybe Steve Hackett, whos tone is totally different ).
But, honestly, it was a band playing not just a soloist plus someone we know, and that really made it