Unity Gain

Started by DLBN Shawn, December 21, 2008, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLBN Shawn

Hey folks,

My first post to the new board!  I've been skimming around this section and I have to say I'm very happy to hear such high quality production!!  I field artist submissions for The Dividing Line Broadcast Network and I can tell you that pretty much everything on this board has  superior production to 80% of the music we are sent.  All this is really a pleasure to listen to - thanks to those for contributing!

Here is something I'll throw into the pot:

Unity Gain - Dodo
This is my take on the Genesis track Dodo from the Abacab album - one of my favs.  I created this track early this year.  Apologies for my vocals in the mid sections - sadly I had no choice in the matter!

Unity Gain - Mercy Street
Originally from Peter Gabriel's SO album - if you're a PG fan you may be able to spot 7 other PG bits as well as one G bit.  This track I did last year.

Cheers and hope everyone is gearing up for a great holiday season!

Shawn

ich_bin_besser

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

DLBN Shawn

Yo dude!  Good to see ya on here!

gr8gonzo

Welcome, Shawn.  Nice work, there.  Those tracks are two of my favorite songs.  Interesting take on them.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

welcome, Shawn!  downloading now!

beetree

Hi Shawn

I think it sounds great, including vox in the mid-section. Nice and strong production and great sounding keyboards. I haven´t listened much to ABACAB so I can´t really compare with the original. I think that is not necessary though.

Beetree
I know for I told me so!

DLBN Shawn

Thanks for the compliments - glad you liked it!

Cheers,

SB