On Wedding Day as part of Milliontown....

Started by NoMeNoYou, November 07, 2008, 08:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMeNoYou

Alert the press, the first serious topic!

If Wedding Day had been included on Milliontown, where would it have been in the track order?

D S

Never mind that.  Did you know Pygmy engagements were not long and usually formalized by an exchange of visits between the families concerned? The groom to be would bring a gift of game or maybe a few arrows to his new in-laws, take his bride home to live in his band and with his new parents. His only obligation is to find among his relatives a girl willing to marry a brother or male cousin of his wife. If he feels he can feed more than one wife, he may have additional wives.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

Quote from: "D S"The groom to be would bring a gift of game or maybe a few arrows to his new in-laws....
If he feels he can feed more than one wife, he may have additional wives.
....but once he's run out of games, what on earth will they all do of an evening? :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jem

It would have replaced Snowman. In hindsight, I kinda wished it had now.

rogerg

NoMeNoYou

Quote from: "Jem"It would have replaced Snowman. In hindsight, I kinda wished it had now.

As we say in my country, "Aw hogwash!"

Snowman is brilliant, really helped me out this past year. :D

RacingHippo

Quote from: "D S"... take his bride home to live in his band ...
Would she play or sing, too? Or just be a kind of official groupie?
* May contain nuts.

Wickerman

Speaking of snowman, what's that song actually about?  For some reason, i always thought it was about death, or being stuck in an inescapably horrible situation, but I was talking to my friend about this a while back, and he said 'nah... it's much more prog than that.  It's just about a man made of ice...'

Great song, anyway!  It was probably the last one I got into when I first bought 'Milliontown', but now i really love it!  I tend to find myself listening to the more song-like songs on Milliontown nowdays... really love No Me, No You and The Other Me; which I think verge on industrial rock in places...

LivingForever

Quote from: "Wickerman"Speaking of snowman, what's that song actually about?  For some reason, i always thought it was about death, or being stuck in an inescapably horrible situation, but I was talking to my friend about this a while back, and he said 'nah... it's much more prog than that.  It's just about a man made of ice...'

Nah, your mate is thinking of the bollocks Genesis song 'Snowbound' ;-)

James
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/