Main Menu

Bl**dy Xmas

Started by Lerxst, December 25, 2008, 03:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geetar

Gives a whole new meaning to Direct Digital Delivery.

Get well soon, Sarah. Rotten luck, that was. Beats my split lip from gardening yesterday.

And yes, rog, I'll explain that one tomorrow...
This space for sale.

Dave M

Im still full .... I feel like a snake that's eaten something too big !

Bad luck on the toe ! :(
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

AnsOnkruid

Aww poor Sarah, hope your toe heals very fast and it doesn't hurt too much x

Now... what can I do now... Christmas is over but New Year's eve is 5 days away :(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ash

The laptop catch has broken, husband less than impressed as it belongs to his work.  

Thank you for the wishes, I hope to be able to milk it til husband goes back to work  ;)
Ash
xxx

Nellie

Quite right, you should get him to bring you lovely things for as long as possible. Get better soon! :)
It's in the post!

catherine

Quote from: "Geetar"Get well soon, Sarah. Rotten luck, that was. Beats my split lip from gardening yesterday.

Geetar, how on earth did you manage that?

And Sarah, hope it gets better soon - I've had a couple of broken toes and they're not nice at all.

All my family's had a horrible flu-ey cold over Xmas - yesterday I was tucked up in bed by 9.15pm with a hefty dose of ibuprofen and Benylin. And my father-in-law went into hospital on the 23rd with, ahem, plumbing troubles...

Mikey

Quote from: "catherine"Geetar, how on earth did you manage that?
Full of dangers those gardens. Spent the morning clearing the neighbours overgrown ivy & brambles that were invading through the fences

Sarah, its probably healed by now but get well soon
I used to have a signature

Geetar

Indeed. Gardens are how we test if we're paying attention, much like a machine shop.

Someone I know always says the first rule of "shop" is to measure twice, then cut once.

I say its: " Finish with the same number of fingers and toes you started with."

Ah, well, Shortscale and I were digging some smallish Areca palm trees  out of the back yard to make a hedge at the front of the property. He was using my good spade, as both he and the handle of the spade are a lot shorter than my shovel. I had to use the long-handled shovel, which has a flat straight blade. Big mistake.

We were having problems with some roots from another small tree while digging out one of the palms, so I planted the shovel, and jumped on it a few times to try and chop out one of the problem roots. On the third and what should have been final attempt, I jumped on it a bit carelessly- and the handle flew out of my hand and hit me full in the face.

Much blood, as I put a tooth through my lip and got a cut from the shovel handle. Two teeth feel tender still, but the cuts are much better and my lip's now only a pleasant shade of aubergine.

Bl**dy Xmas indeed.
This space for sale.

Mikey

Fork & foot also spring to mind & a visit to A & E for my Brother-In-Law
I used to have a signature

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"Indeed. Gardens are how we test if we're paying attention, much like a machine shop.

Someone I know always says the first rule of "shop" is to measure twice, then cut once.

I say its: " Finish with the same number of fingers and toes you started with."

Ah, well, Shortscale and I were digging some smallish Areca palm trees  out of the back yard to make a hedge at the front of the property. He was using my good spade, as both he and the handle of the spade are a lot shorter than my shovel. I had to use the long-handled shovel, which has a flat straight blade. Big mistake.

We were having problems with some roots from another small tree while digging out one of the palms, so I planted the shovel, and jumped on it a few times to try and chop out one of the problem roots. On the third and what should have been final attempt, I jumped on it a bit carelessly- and the handle flew out of my hand and hit me full in the face.

Much blood, as I put a tooth through my lip and got a cut from the shovel handle. Two teeth feel tender still, but the cuts are much better and my lip's now only a pleasant shade of aubergine.

Bl**dy Xmas indeed.

ouch!!  you need more eggnog.

get well soon, geet!

sawtooth

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "Lerxst"Bah humbug!
I've had enough already - any gigs on tonight??

:D

None that I know of. Couldn't you arrange a Neptune's Sofa rehearsal at short notice?

Yeah, what's happening with Neptunes Sofa Lerxt? I remember asking the question an The Peel but I was too pissed to remember (or understand) the reply! ;)

Lerxst

Let's just say that things are stirring in the Neptune's Sofa underpants of prog and leave it at that  :D

wickedwitch

thats a thought that's gonna fester!

Brom

Quote from: "Lerxst"Let's just say that things are stirring in the Neptune's Sofa underpants of prog and leave it at that  :D

Working on a new thong Lerxst? :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333