Main Menu

13 Winters

Started by D S, September 18, 2020, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

So everyone who wants a replacement disc, fill out the form (weird they're not asking for proof of purchase).
They do! Just completed the form & it generates an email which requires a proof of purchase scan.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

L33VEY

Lots of people having trouble submitting proof of purchase to the ahoy@.. email address.  Sit tight...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

owen

Weird. I didn't get the email but I got one from Burning Shed. Clicked on the link and all done

owen

owen

Let's hope he checks his spam :o

Mordwin

host mx.lb.btinternet.com[213.120.69.2] said:
    522-email sent from frostnews.life found on industry URI blacklists
    (Spamhaus/Invaluement/ReturnPath) on 2021/01/06 22:02:55 GMT. 522 To
    protect our customers, we use leading industry providers of blacklists to
    ensure only good senders can send email to us. If believe this is a
    mistake, please contact them directly as there is nothing our Postmaster
    will be able to do.

Spam does seem to be the issue... but in a different way.

It's also exposed the mailbox he is actally using, which probably wasn't a desired outcome.

So, do I send direct to that mailbox, or wait for the issue to be resoved or a different email address to be provided?  :-\

owen

L33VEY

I've just had a third attempt to get through to the "ahoy" email address and it hasn't bounced back yet...

Mordwin

Seems to have worked this time :)

Trapezium Artist

Evening all. Seems as though I came back in September & then left again. I'm am such an unreliable friend. Then again, I'm not surprised given the state of things. Apologies  ::)

Anyway, despite not having been here for a while, I was made aware of the various "13 Winters" printing & mastering problems by Mr Mitchell last week, and indeed they seem unfortunate, but genuine mistakes.

I'll send in my "claim" for the revised CD, but am also aware that this might be being covered out of the pocket of, err, someone (ahem), & am thus also wondering how I can help defray some of that unforeseen expense. I mean, I can't presume to speak for all Frost*ies, but I've had so much joy and pleasure out of being a Frost* fan all these years, I hate to think of folk losing money over a genuine error made while making something we're all enjoying. Repressing of 3000 discs & postage costs for those claimed will be considerabl, I imagine.

So, with that in mind, is anyone else interested in thinking of possible ways of helping out?

D S

A bit of crowd funding to help fund the replacements? ???
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: D S on January 11, 2021, 07:26:47 PM
A bit of crowd funding to help fund the replacements? ???

Was indeed the kind of direction I was thinking of.

rogerg

D S

Well, that's 3 so far...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

L33VEY