Main Menu

Frost* Covers

Started by Mouse, December 27, 2008, 12:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

We've had Here Is The News (brilliant!), The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (from what I've heard and seen, brilliant!), La Villa Strangiato (need to hear this!  :twisted: ) and I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday (again, well done Mr. Lawnmower!).

Any ideas for future covers? I put forward Tom Sawyer (Rush), Red (King Crimson), Welcome To The Machine (Pink Floyd) and Bohemian Rhapsody (c'mon, who wouldn't want to see them do this?!  :lol: )

Also, any chance of a studio version of The Lamb and La Villa? If that's the one they did at the Peel anyways...

Narek

They covered La Villa Strangiato!  :o  I need to hear this.

And yes Welcome to the Machine would be amazing!!! I can only imagine what kind of changes Jem would make to the original to make me like it more than the original. (Did I just say that?) And Sir John Mitchell's voice is PERFECT for the song.
I wont be the good for nothing.

LivingForever

I don't believe they actually did so Strangiato - someone said that's what they were playing when the hats were thrown out but I'm not sure! I also heard it identified as 'California' and 'City of Love' so who knows...
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Mikey

Quote from: "LivingForever"I don't believe they actually did so Strangiato
Neither do I, sure I would have remembered that
I used to have a signature

Jon

Quote from: "Mikey"

That's what I was thinking.  Even after a few pints, I'm sure I'd still have recognised it.

johninblack

Quote from: "Jon"
Quote from: "Mikey"

That's what I was thinking.  Even after a few pints, I'm sure I'd still have recognised it.
After a few pints I would have definitely recognized it and I did'nt. It was 2pac and California I'm told by those here that would know those things.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

JohnB

Jem has played this tune many moons ago....

Back in Freefall days we did a Rush medley that started with YYZ, moved into Tom Sawyer then a bit of La Villa Strangiato and finally back to YYZ to finish. Always went down well!

Hope they do it at the BOTY gig - I'd love to see it.

JB

TimSE

How about some SLAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! m/  :twisted:

:D

rogerg

I'd love to hear Toto Hydra, or maybe 99...

Pedro

I'd like to hear them try "Welcome to nowhere", "Dear dead days" and "Falling down"!  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Pedro"I'd like to hear them try "Welcome to nowhere", "Dear dead days" and "Falling down"!  :D

And Saline!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

LivingForever

I just listened to 'La Villa Strangiato' and I'm pretty sure that's not what they played at the Peel, unless I wasn't paying attention properly!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

landslug

Quote from: "rogerg"I'd love to hear Toto Hydra, or maybe 99...

Toto's Roseanna has a nice little jam session at the end that would be great for John & Dec to do a little shredding   :D

Rocking out Steely Dan's Aja would be pretty cool too

Geetar

Aja - total awesomeness-would be great, though some proggists seem not to enjoy the jazzier end of the spectrum.

A comedy version of Todd/Utopia's "Initiation" perhaps ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ZAlf2_ ... re=related

Hard to tell with Todd. I suspect that may already be the comedy version.
This space for sale.