Main Menu

Frost* Covers

Started by Mouse, December 27, 2008, 12:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

I think as a special treat they should do the whole EIMA album in track order including Secret Song then for encore they can do the whole Milliontown Album. I don't think that's asking too much is it?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

LivingForever

Quote from: "johninblack"I think as a special treat they should do the whole EIMA album in track order including Secret Song then for encore they can do the whole Milliontown Album. I don't think that's asking too much is it?

Chuck in 'Here is the News' and 'Wedding Day' and it sounds good to me!

8-)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Gandalf1986

What about "Pigeon Street"? :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

LivingForever

Quote from: "Gandalf1986"What about "Pigeon Street"? :lol:

Not so crazy - It Bites did the Grange Hill theme tune last weekend!

:shock:

johninblack

Quote from: "LivingForever"

Captain Pugwash perhaps?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "LivingForever"

Captain Pugwash perhaps?

Spongebob Squarepants! :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Mouse

I don't know where I got La Villa Strangiato from, I thought I'd read it on this Forum somewhere. Oh well, I'm useless!  ;)

How about the Transformers theme? The Crystal Maze?

PhilHarmonic

In the long distant past when Jem was being hassled after the release of 'Milliontown' as to what the next album (OK....CD) was going to be like he said something along the lines of ''...if 'Milliontown' was his 'Tales from ... dah dee dah' then the next one would be like '90125'.  Please correct me accordingly.

On that basis, I suggest 'Hold On' or 'Changes' rather than the obvious 'Owner of etc.'  If Dec's vocals are going to disappear as per 'The Peel' then perhaps earlier in the set rather than later....

Alternativley, as his greatness also recently answered in the 'if you were to do a covers album' question, maybe anything by ELO.

To be honest, the list is endless so I agree with posts above - the missing bits from EIMA. :D
I play the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Well apart from the missing EIMA tracks, I vote for a bit of Utopia, I know JJJ is a Todd fan, say 'Utopia Theme' or 'The Ikon', or maybe 'Trapped'.
Alternatively a bit more Genesis - 'I Know What I Like (in your wardrobe)', I sure Jem can find a lawnmower patch from somewhere!  :)

tomskerous

'Ghost at Number One' by Jellyfish would be my vote.

Just to see Dec working those castanets.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Mouse"I don't know where I got La Villa Strangiato from, I thought I'd read it on this Forum somewhere. Oh well, I'm useless!  ;)
No you're not - it was me that said it on the original review thread, here.

I may well be mistaken - I was stood 3 feet away from Andy's drums, so when he got particularly busy I couldn't hear much else... not that I'm complaining :)  
But at the time I did text my erstwhile gig buddy something along the lines of "OMG! Strangiato->Hyperventilate!"

Shame there's no recorded evidence. I want to know now!
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

The setlist did say "Rush".
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

TonyB

Quote from: "Pedro"I'd like to hear them try "Welcome to nowhere", "Dear dead days" and "Falling down"!  :D

To fair I dread to think the level of rubbing ones stomach and patting your head that would be going on trying to play Falling Down AND sing it...IT'd be a nightmare!

not that DDD is easy cause bugger me it's not!!....i mean...REALLY NOT  :shock:
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

LivingForever

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Shame there's no recorded evidence. I want to know now!

Yeah the setlist did say 'Rush' but this was the section where they chucked out the hats, and there are two youtube videos of this now, and it's definitely the piano-y type thing from 'California' by 2Pac, also I swear blind at least Jem was singing 'California' at one stage although I can't hear it on either of the vids.

tomskerous

Quote from: "LivingForever"also I swear blind at least Jem was singing 'California' at one stage although I can't hear it on either of the vids.

He was - there was a mic set up as an input to the V-Synth so he could do all the funny vocoder-meets-Joe Walsh effects.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!