Main Menu

Frost* Covers

Started by Mouse, December 27, 2008, 12:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brom

Glad it wasn't just me. I failed to recognise the track in question and just went with the flow when La Villa S was mentioned, plus the fact it said "Rush" on my (signed  :D ) setlist.

At least I now know which sig is JJs and which is JM's on my EIMA.  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Blessed Dude

Quote from: "Geetar"Aja - total awesomeness-would be great, though some proggists seem not to enjoy the jazzier end of the spectrum.

Totally agree with you there, Geetar - a great song that would show off the drumular abilities of TBE.

Check out 'The Epic' by Pat Metheny as a fine example of jazz prog.
I\'ve fallen out my family tree........

Geetar

Well, I share TBE's love of Metheny, so I'm with you there.

I think, barring Zero Tolerance (for which I had zero tolerance) that I've got every CD and DVD he's released.
This space for sale.

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"Well, I share TBE's love of Metheny, so I'm with you there.

I think, barring Zero Tolerance (for which I had zero tolerance) that I've got every CD and DVD he's released.

what do you think of Song X?

Geetar

I struggle with it, to be truthful rog. I'm assuming one day it'll all fall into place :)
This space for sale.

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"I struggle with it, to be truthful rog. I'm assuming one day it'll all fall into place :)

me, too!  I understood it.  once.  but, umm, I was, umm, not myself...

:P

Geetar

This space for sale.

Blessed Dude

I'm loving Upojenie at the moment. Anna Maria Jopek has a gorgeous voice. In fact, the rest of her is pretty gorgeous too!  :D

Zero Tolerance - Brave, but.........unlistenable. Sonic Youth rate it as a favourite album of theirs, which briefly made PM cool with the alt. kids.

Song X - I'll maybe get into it when I'm about 66 if I work hard at it!

Blessed Dude

Quote from: "Geetar"I've got every CD and DVD he's released.

Was 'The Road To You' ever released on DVD? I've only ever seen it on VHS, and even that's hard to get.

Geetar

AFAIK it's never come out on DVD. I had it on VHs and lent that to a friend a million years ago. I doubt I'll ever see it again, which is sad, as it's truly brilliant. You'd think they'd do it again on DVD, but someone somewhere probably wants too much money for the licence. Few Metheny fans would pass on it, so they'd be guaranteed reasonably healthy sales.

And I've been enjoying Metheny/Jopek on Youtube lately. Not what I'd call suffering........

I put "Travels" on earlier to get me up and running; now it's 69?and the sun is shining :)

My amp needs a new set of 6L6s maybe :x

And I've just been crashing my way through The Rippingtons "Curves Ahead" on Youtube. The trick is to NOT turn into Kenny G, or Metheny will come after you with an axe (did you ever read what Metheny wrote about Gorelick ? :lol: ). It's fun to build up some serious kinetic energy:  wide '80s bends and mid to high-gain on the Two-Rock. Big grins all round !
This space for sale.

Blessed Dude

Quote from: "Geetar"AFAIK it's never come out on DVD.

Ach, that's disappointing.

Quote from: "Geetar"My amp needs a new set of 6L6s maybe

Treat yourself to a set of Watford Valves Harmas - they're grrrrrrrreat:

http://www.watfordvalves.com/products_harma.asp

Equinox

gotta be..........*drum rolls*

Saturday night - Whigfield!!! at CRS please!!!

DannySoisSage

Quote from: "Mouse"Red (King Crimson)

GENIUS! That would be SO awesome and very Frost*y!  :D

(Just please record and upload SOMEBODY!  ;)  ;)  ;) )

sawtooth

I'd like to see 'em do something grooving and funky and fairly non-prog as a contrast to the reat of the set- I'm thinking on the lines of Living Colours 'Love Rears It's Ugly Head'

Or Prince? ;)

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Quote from: "sawtooth"I'd like to see 'em do something grooving and funky and fairly non-prog as a contrast to the reat of the set- I'm thinking on the lines of Living Colours 'Love Rears It's Ugly Head'

A great song (used to do it in one my old covers bands), with a great groove and cool feel. Interesting as on one of the Frost* reports the boys can be seen jamming at a rehearsal to Living Colour's 'Cult of Personality', another brilliant number.
In fact I'm up for any Living Colour stuff, love 'em.