Day and Age

Started by L33VEY, March 02, 2021, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnsOnkruid

This song is so. good.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drarok

Quote from: JakeWorrell on April 23, 2021, 12:10:32 PM
Loving the new songs. Missing hearing Jem's dulcet tones though, I hope we hear a little bit more of him on the whole record!
Agreed – I don't think he gives (well, gave...?) himself enough credit in previous videos, I really like his voice.

A friend once likened it to one the singers in Nine Days, and I kinda see his point on the more gravelly tracks.

owen

from Burning Shed

Hi

Further to the earlier email about Frost* 'Day & Age' on CD we have now been told that the replacement CDs will take longer to arrive than we expected and there will probably be a 3 week delay.

By way of apology we will include a free SIGNED postcard with your CD when it ships.

We apologise again for any inconvenience.

:( :( :(

L33VEY

Gold vinyl is on its way from the Shed that Burns...  :D

I haven't seen anything but great reviews
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

D S

Quote from: owen on May 11, 2021, 04:08:14 PM
from Burning Shed

Hi

Further to the earlier email about Frost* 'Day & Age' on CD we have now been told that the replacement CDs will take longer to arrive than we expected and there will probably be a 3 week delay.

By way of apology we will include a free SIGNED postcard with your CD when it ships.

We apologise again for any inconvenience.

:( :( :(
Ditto. :'(
Nice to get a signed postcard but suspect I'll have to also purchase a download version on Friday as I'll not be able to last 3 weeks reading all the glowing reviews, etc. Clever marketing ploy Jem! ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Stu_Art

Just collected from the good folk at Burning Shed...vinyl+CD+signed card, all in tip-top condition ....just upping the vol to 11...again :)   
Such a magnificent feast for the ears! This is going to be soooo good to see/hear live #hope
Day & Age track, with the tantalising start of a Jem solo at end fade , still makes me want to hear more ...
Congrats to Frost*  - stunning release

kyuwert

Awesome easter egg for long time fans on "The Boy Who Stood Still"... :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: kyuwert on May 13, 2021, 04:41:45 PM

I grinned from ear to ear the first time I heard that ... brilliant one for the Frost•ies, I thought  :)

L33VEY

Morse code at the end of Island Life - where's Pedro we need him?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: L33VEY on May 14, 2021, 09:12:55 AM
Morse code at the end of Island Life - where's Pedro we need him?

Mitchell told me he reckons it says "Enjoy yourselves", but I don't think he's checked & neither have I  :o

BrendanGee

Quote from: kyuwert on May 13, 2021, 04:41:45 PM

Listening to it this morning and that really stopped me in my tracks.
Was there anything like a similar concept in that song and "The Boy Who Stood Still" or has my mind made that up?
Bring on the Trumpets!

Fogeyspasm

Morning all.
Signing in after a fair few years of not! ;D
So how's everyone, radiant hopefully but not in a heated or irradiated manner?
Well the albums a corker but I must admit I had a laugh out loud moment listening last night when I heard this. All those years ago Cameron was gutted that 1976 never made it into a full track or did it? I can't go there here but I may tell you a story about that one day! :-X Anyway I remembered this from all those years ago in a distant age when he was little and didn't have a beard that he kept playing this and now this bit has re appeared in The Boy Who Stood Still.
https://youtu.be/qckigQk0H10
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

rogerg

L33VEY

Music in Widescreen features the album in this podcast with an interview with Jem and John.
Plus they play something from A.C.T's Heatwave EP which I have been playing regularly recently

https://musicinwidescreen.com/2021/05/16/episode-910-frosts-day-and-age/

rogerg