Main Menu

Day and Age

Started by L33VEY, March 02, 2021, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 14, 2021, 01:39:08 PM
Quote from: L33VEY on May 14, 2021, 09:12:55 AM
Morse code at the end of Island Life - where's Pedro we need him?

Mitchell told me he reckons it says "Enjoy yourselves", but I don't think he's checked & neither have I  :o

It's "S - C - U - M", actually.

(First post in 6 years!  :( )

rogerg

David

Quote from: David on May 19, 2021, 09:04:00 AM
Quote from: L33VEY on May 14, 2021, 09:12:55 AM
Morse code at the end of Island Life - where's Pedro we need him?
It's "S - C - U - M", actually.

··· −·−· ··− −− 

Brom

Hello boys and girls... wow it's been a while. Hope you are all well?

1976, I don't have this (ashamed smiley) - found it on Youtube but is there a downloadable version anywhere?

D&A - Amazon now quoting cheaper than when first released but long delivery. At least I'll get a free download of the Mp3 while I wait!

Slightly off topic - did you know that you can freely stream stuff from "Freegal" which is available through your local library?. When registered this includes 5 track downloads a week (or 10 if your missus/partner also has an account). I'm assuming, and hope that the artists get paid from library funds for this?? Anyway there is a TON of stuff there if you go searching including, I think, everything released by Frost*. The download mp3 sample rate is not brilliant, but streaming is fine for dog walking with headphones, hence why I have not bought the new album yet - but will do.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

rogerg

Welcome back, Brom!!

Brom

Hi Rog!  :)

RE. 1976 I do have it - doh! - On the DVD - silly me.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

rogerg

BlindFate

Wonder why the track Postcard wasn't included on either the 13 Winters boxset or the new album Day & Age...

Maybe because it didn't fit with the sound of the rest of the album..?

L33VEY

Quote from: BlindFate on May 28, 2021, 06:24:45 PM
Wonder why the track Postcard wasn't included on either the 13 Winters boxset or the new album Day & Age...

I thought it might be the extra track on the Japanese release but apparently that one is "Storm Driving"   ???
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

BlindFate

Quote from: L33VEY on May 30, 2021, 10:46:16 PM

I thought it might be the extra track on the Japanese release but apparently that one is "Storm Driving"   ???

Storm Driving!? Where can I find this 'Jem'?

I remember this track being mentioned in the Podcast last year.

L33VEY

Quote from: BlindFate on May 30, 2021, 11:39:56 PM

Cheapest for the JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 version at the moment is on Ebay for £30 incl postage.  Will probably come down later
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Kalypsa

Quote from: L33VEY on May 31, 2021, 11:30:16 AM
Quote from: BlindFate on May 30, 2021, 11:39:56 PM

Cheapest for the JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 version at the moment is on Ebay for £30 incl postage.  Will probably come down later

Being an incorrigible sucker for elusive single tracks, I broke down and bought one of those copies on eBay last night.  Will happily share reactions here, once I receive the disk...

BlindFate

Ooo I'm dying to hear Storm Driving as its currently not available anywhere else! 😃

Enjoy

D S

Physical copy of CD finally arrived today from Burning Shed, along with a signed postcard of the best known line on the album! ;D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

me too! (I mean, I 'd been listening on itunes, but that doesn't count) Yay! ;D

Well, I say signed. Pretty sure thats a Jem. And it's definitely a Nathan King. God only knows what the other hieroglyph means