"Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta

Started by TimSE, December 28, 2008, 05:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villuccikeys

Quote from: "TimSE"Prob wrong but i think this could be the next lil buildy upy part:

"i'l be fine. Dont worry"
F#m7 : F#0-F#1-E2-G#2-B2
G#mSomething : G#0-G#1-E2-G#2-B2
Gmaj7 : G0-G1-E2-F#2-B2

I think I figured out the first two of these...

For the first chord...
I think it's F#maj7

F#2-A2-C#2-E2

The second chord... G#majsomething.

I'm pretty sure it's... G#2-B2-E2-B3

I'm not sure what to call that.  I'm terrible with my chord terminology.  

Anywho.  I think that's a step in the right direction.  Anyone wanna put their foot forward and correct my mistakes?  We'll have this song charted yet!

Villuccikeys

Ok guys.  Here's a rough draft of the whole song.  I cheated a few times and I only had my own voice to sing.  So.... forgive me.  

http://soundcloud.com/villuccikeys/the- ... rost-cover

Pedro

Haven't been able to listen properly yet but caught the first half via the built-in speaker of my iPod and it sounded pretty close - it's a gorgeous song. I'll listen properly tonight but kudos for putting your voice to it - I can't imagine doing that kind of thing with my own voice without multi-effects, heavy vocoding and a large dollop of V-Vocal tweakage! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Villuccikeys

Quote from: "Pedro"Haven't been able to listen properly yet but caught the first half via the built-in speaker of my iPod and it sounded pretty close - it's a gorgeous song. I'll listen properly tonight but kudos for putting your voice to it - I can't imagine doing that kind of thing with my own voice without multi-effects, heavy vocoding and a large dollop of V-Vocal tweakage! :)

lol, well after a million listens to it - my own voice has gotten on my nerves.  I'm not a singer.  That's just a fact.  My voice is abrasive as all living hell.  But, it's one of those songs that I just feel so passionate about, that I couldn't help but sing it.  So, even if I sound like shit and everyone hates me.  I don't care.

Pedro

:) Quite right.
(but there'll be no hating here)
I'd be interested to see what could be done with the vocal - I've never really done much with V-Vocal in Sonar.
Would you be prepared to send a separate mp3 file of just the vox that I could tinker with?

Villuccikeys

Quote from: "Pedro":) Quite right.
(but there'll be no hating here)
I'd be interested to see what could be done with the vocal - I've never really done much with V-Vocal in Sonar.
Would you be prepared to send a separate mp3 file of just the vox that I could tinker with?

Sure man.  Anything to make my voice pretty.  Where could I send it to?

Drarok

Villuccikeys

Quote from: "Drarok"frostsecretsong@catchall.drarok.com, perhaps? ;)

(I promise it's a real email address. And will only post it on http://drarok.com/frost if you grant permission)

I'd be honored. :D

And thank you so much for the link to that BLM solo midi ;)

Pedro

Got the file Villuccikeys, thanks.
I'll get back to you as soon as my parental chauffeur duties allow... :)

Villuccikeys

Awesome.  Can't wait to hear what you do to them.  Anything will sound better than what I've got going on right now ;)