Is there anybody out there?

Started by johninblack, March 30, 2023, 06:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Listening to Pink Floyd......seemed an appropriate question to ask....
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

rogerg

Hey JiB!  I check in every day, but most of the action happens on the Frost* Discord channels.  But I like to stop in here and see if anyone has been around!

D S

Yes, I still check in here regularly & post from time to time  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

rogerg

johninblack

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Jem

Hello! Blimey you're still here!  ;D

rogerg

Jem

I am on there, but I'm sentimental about this old place. I was looking at the member list and there are "last posted" dates from 15 years ago!!  :o

Social media was just a toddler and I think the world was a slightly gentler place as a result. For example, there are only 16 "emoticons" on here! It's marvellous!  ;D

rogerg

Agreed!  I still check in here every day, longing for simpler times, like 7/8...

:D

and I think I still have a link somewhere to the even older previous forum!!  :D

rogerg

Sadly, both of the older forums are no longer accessible.  ah, well.

Maybe on the Wayback Machine....

D S

Just checked in and much to my surprise, found a whole pile of posts, including from Jem. How great! Yes, I'm slightly nostalgic for the time when this forum (& its predecessors) were a place for much serious silliness (remember the tour of the Big Banana?) & fun but also information & interaction. You could post a query about the band and you'd get an answer, often from Jem himself - marvellous!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

I seem to have something in my eye...  :'(