Dear Dead Days quick solo at the end..

Started by ViperK88, January 05, 2009, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperK88

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkJcCTZ9 ... annel_page

Was watching the Frost Report August and saw that at 6:53 he plays the solo from DDD.  I was gonna try to figure it out and post a video.  Does anyone know what hes playing on that fast run at 7:12 though? cant tell if he is doing a certain scale or what

TimSE

iv actaully just about finished figuring this out
only got a few lil bits left to do

will post it up once im sure

Mickdoo22

Very cool!  Love that solo.  Somehow on guitar it loses its luster.  It's a much more difficult run on keyboard.....the two hand finger tapping makes it a little too easy on guitar.

Steve

The 3 note ascending motif doesn't sound right to me, I worked this solo out after the report came out and I remember the only way to play correctly what Jem plays at that part was to 2 hand tap really, I'll have a hunt around for the tab and try and record a video.
Suhr Carved Top - Carvin DC727 - Roland Fantom X8 FOR SALE  - Axe-FX Ultra

TonyB

Hmmm that's interesting...
I worked that solo out a short while ago on the chords Bb, Bb/Ebm, Ebm
And when playing the solo after the fast run end on Bb..

Jem seems to be playing this in C though making the chords a semitone higher.
What key has everyone else worked this out in?
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

Steve

I think Jem has transposed his keyboard down a semitone (? haven't played it ages) to make it easier to play, regardless of the key.. the notes he's pressing aren't in the same key you're hearing.
Suhr Carved Top - Carvin DC727 - Roland Fantom X8 FOR SALE  - Axe-FX Ultra

SerFox

ViperK88

spent about 30 minutes earlier trying to learn the part at 5:50 and have it almost.  Some notes I am certain about, and some I am not so sure..like the last run, I have no idea what to do there. All I know is that the run ends at a Bb  :lol:   Im gonna try to keep working on it and hopefully get it in either guitar pro form or make a video

Jimi518

Completely unrelated i know . . .

But i put together a Toys cover today and decided to youtube it.
See what you guys and gals think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHJPXj_Ad0

leelustig

Quote from: "Jimi518"Completely unrelated i know . . .

But i put together a Toys cover today and decided to youtube it.
See what you guys and gals think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHJPXj_Ad0
yep. saw it in the other thread. good job once again.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

leelustig

BTW the really fast part at the end of the DDD solo is descending the C# major scale...

... me thinks.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

EvilDragon

The only Frost* solo I've nailed thus far :)

Don't have a cam but I can put mp3 here, both in tempo and slow. Jem transposes the keyboard two semitones down to play this. The ending run is not that hard, just a fast scale (c minor natural in this case, if you count the transposition, if you don't count, then it's bb minor natural).

DISCLAIMER: I noticed Jem's pitch bend is probably set up to have 2 semitones up and 12 semitones down motion. Also, the lead uses some portamento (I don't have it on Korg X5D :) so bear in mind with this. Where I couldn't get the divebomb, I used glissando, it's very obvious. And sorry for slight pitch bend mistakes, I have it set up to 3 semitones (Jens Johansson style) and I'm still getting used to it. It opens a lot more possibilities, actually. Anyhow, here's the file, both in tempo (which is around 100 BPM, FYI), and slower tempo:

http://www.box.net/shared/xzb1n9za3m

Sorry for a bit sloppy playing in original tempo. I'm not Jem anyways XD That last descending run before the scale has very tricky fingering!

Drarok

God, there's even more notes in there than I thought! :shock:

Any chance of a MIDI recording, too? *cheek*

EvilDragon

No problem, here goes. How about a GP4 file?

[attachment=0:20kp832r]DDD solo.zip[/attachment:20kp832r]