Main Menu

Shop problems

Started by Brom, November 08, 2008, 04:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brom

Every time I try to order the new album I get as far as paying for it and then Paypal throws up  a "General Error"

Help please!!  :?
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Deno

Hi

Can you give out some exact details on the errors?

Fank ewe

Dene

Brom

:D  :D

Sorted!!

I was using Internet Explorer  :( . This time I tried Firefox - no problems!!  :D

The only difference was that on IE I inputted my Name, address, email, and comment -  got through to the pay now page, clicked make a payment and Paypal returned a "General Error" with instructions to check emails for transactions.

The last time I went through Firefox, the same inputs as above BUT this time also my phone number, as that box was in yellow (nothing like that in IE) and the payment went into Paypal without a problem.

So I guess either the problem is sorted, or it's a bug with IE or I needed to input a phone number.

Hope this helps iron out any further teething problems

Cheers

B  :D

Brom

Quote from: "Deno"Fank ewe

Oh pleeeze don't mention sheep.  :oops: That's me done in for the evening look you boyo!

Deno

heh!

Can you just give me the version of IE you were using?

ta

Dene

Brom

Quote from: "Deno"heh!

Can you just give me the version of IE you were using?

ta

Dene

Version 7.0 (7.0.5730.13 to be exactomo)

Radtoy

I had been having problems ordering too - using IE 7.0.6001.18000. It would get to paypal and give me an error. I don't know if it is fixed now, but the only thing I did differently was to NOT add a comment before preceeding to the paypal page.

I was able to finally (about 20 minutes ago) get my order in after at least 8 attempts.

Your silly attempt to thwart United Statesians (People from the United States of North America) from obtaining the highest quality music has FAILED!  :P

Deno

Quote from: "Radtoy"I had been having problems ordering too - using IE 7.0.6001.18000. It would get to paypal and give me an error. I don't know if it is fixed now, but the only thing I did differently was to NOT add a comment before preceeding to the paypal page.

I was able to finally (about 20 minutes ago) get my order in after at least 8 attempts.

Your silly attempt to thwart United Statesians (People from the United States of North America) from obtaining the highest quality music has FAILED!  :P

OK, so you tried 8 times and the 9th worked? And on the 9th attempt was the only time you didn't leave a comment?

Just trying to work out why some people have problems.

Thanks

Dene

DannySoisSage

I'll throw my oar in here and say that I'm having the same problem. I'm not leaving any comments, I'm using whatever IE that comes with Vista is and I've probably tried eight or nine times. And I don't have FF  :shock:

Cheers  :mrgreen:

Rudy

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried IE 6 and 7, no FireFox--tried twice...

Big Black Shed

FireFox 2.0.0.17 running on Mac OSX 10.3.9. (how old is that?????) I really must upgrade soon :oops:  :oops:
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Pedro

Good grief! Could it be....

The Wrong Browsers!!

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

J Jonah Jameson

If all else fails, you can always pay by cheque.  

I'm sure the address is on the site somewhere.  Mind you, I lost my keys yesterday, so god knows how I'll find that...

Deno? Is it up yet?

JJJ

DannySoisSage

Just to say that I just got through, Special Edition bought and paid for  :mrgreen:

Cheers

leelustig

Quote from: "Brom":D  :D

Sorted!!

I was using Internet Explorer  :( . This time I tried Firefox - no problems!!  :D

The only difference was that on IE I inputted my Name, address, email, and comment -  got through to the pay now page, clicked make a payment and Paypal returned a "General Error" with instructions to check emails for transactions.

The last time I went through Firefox, the same inputs as above BUT this time also my phone number, as that box was in yellow (nothing like that in IE) and the payment went into Paypal without a problem.

So I guess either the problem is sorted, or it's a bug with IE or I needed to input a phone number.

Hope this helps iron out any further teething problems

Cheers

B  :D
Question: Did you have to transfer funds from your account into paypal to make the order?
Cause I think that's why it wasn't working for me, the funds take a week to transfer...
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere