The wonder of YouTube....

Started by Big Black Shed, January 10, 2009, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Black Shed

It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

rogerg

awesome.  thanks for that.  we watched several, and then moved on to some Cat Stevens.

Gandalf1986

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Geetar

This space for sale.

tomskerous

That 'Secret World Live' DVD is pretty much essential viewing. And the version of 'Secret World' on it is the one song I'd take on a desert island with me. If you don't already own it, I urge you to hit your local e-tailer and make up for lost time now!
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

D S

Agreed.  Saw him in Glasgow on the Us tour, which opened with this song, and was right beside the stage.  It's an overused word but awesome is the only word for it.  Despite all the wonderful theatrical stuff, the final encore of just PG and a piano doing Here Comes The Flood really sticks in my mind.  And nobody was ignorant enough to yell 'Boring' to that version...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tomskerous

Was at Earls Court. Did you get Sinead O'Connor on the round stage too?
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

RWA

Quote from: "tomskerous"That 'Secret World Live' DVD is pretty much essential viewing.
Agreed! And you might as well pick up the "Growing Up" DVD as well. Superb stuff.

ecky p

I was also at the Glasgow gig..remember the first tour after Pete left Genesis,he came running from the back of the Apollo in Glasgow to the front of the stage thro the crowd.I managed to get a photo as he passed,the bouncers then thro me out and I missed the gig
they also opened up the camera ,emptied out the spool placed the camera on the ground and stood on it.Ah the good old days...it was a shit camera anyway.Think I have this dvd somewhere.... :lol:
But there\'s nothing more to say

Dodie

Quote from: "tomskerous"That 'Secret World Live' DVD is pretty much essential viewing.

Amen! Its fantastic, and I like the "Growing Up" DVD a lot too.

It was curious to hear Joe Bonamassa host a show on Planet Rock radio last week, playing some of his personal favourites: the bluesman included "Secret world" live, along with a glowing recommendation that everyone who loves rock music should immediately go out and buy this DVD.

Cheers

David

Mouse

Joe Bonamassa seems to have several finger in several musical pies. (hilarious image!  :lol: ) Live, he does versions of Heart Of The Sunrise and Starship Trooper (Wurm).

I do believe he is the greatest Blues guitarist to appear in modern times. I desperately want to go see him perform in Sheffield in the Spring!

Mouse

Bloody hell, incredible! I'm going to have to hunt down some Gabriel, and soon! Thanks for that!

Geetar

Quote from: "Mouse"Joe Bonamassa seems to have several finger in several musical pies. (hilarious image!  :lol: ) Live, he does versions of Heart Of The Sunrise and Starship Trooper (Wurm).

I do believe he is the greatest Blues guitarist to appear in modern times. I desperately want to go see him perform in Sheffield in the Spring!

I like what he does, but in terms of blues, he's got a way to go before he takes the hat away from Scott Henderson, for me at least, in both touch and technique.

I preferred Henderson in his Tribal Tech incarnation-"Face First", "The Big Wave" and "Sub Aqua" are three of my favourite guitar/bass-based contemporary jazz pieces- but since he's shifted to blues, I've been determined to follow him.

And I find myself wondering what TBE thinks of these guys...
This space for sale.

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Mouse"Joe Bonamassa seems to have several finger in several musical pies. (hilarious image!  :lol: ) Live, he does versions of Heart Of The Sunrise and Starship Trooper (Wurm).

Do try to manage it! He's absolutely wonderful live. When I saw him last year he, at one point, stepped away from the microphone and sang without it. And yes, we could hear him!
A very talented guitarist, and entertaining and unique (imho) in style. He does something with the blues that I have a feeling is frowned upon by many "true" blues fans, but for me... It just works. (:-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

Quote from: "Philadelphia"He does something with the blues that I have a feeling is frowned upon by many "true" blues fans, but for me... It just works. (:-)

They're probably just jealous that he opened for B.B. King when he was 12 years old...  ;)