Main Menu

TTBG

Started by gr8gonzo, January 14, 2009, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

How is the tiny baby Godfrey?  I remember that stage being rather exhausting.  Joyous, but exhausting.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jem

He's very well thank you very much for asking. He's learnt to smile now and spends most of his time beaming at us all. Bless him.

Pedro

Quote from: "Jem"He's very well thank you very much for asking. He's learnt to smile now and spends most of his time beaming at us all. Bless him.
Aww...

Actually, anyone who has seen Frost* play live has seen an earlier release of this!  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

It's great when the little horrors start smiling. You feel as if they actually like you and are making a bit of an effort to get on with you, rather than just whingeing and griping at every possible opportunity.

gr8gonzo

We recently left the stroller stage.  It's quite liberating when you can get rid of large baby-related apparatuses.  apparatusses.  apparati.  thingies.  Last year we gave away our baby gates, high chairs, crib, infant car seats...  Now, the strollers.  We're past the pacifier stage now, so the girl's teeth have finally straightened out and round Christmas we finally retired our ratty diaper bag and replaced it with a backpack.  We're nearly done with sippy cups and potty-training, as well.  The bliss stage is just around the corner.  Seven years until puberty, when things start to get really ugly.

catherine

Girls, eh, Gr8gonzo? Aren't they supposed to be easier when small, but dreadful once puberty strikes?

Catherine (smug mother of 2 angelic boys who were little monsters when they were small)

gr8gonzo

One of each monster, actually.  My son turned 5 on Sunday.  My daughter will be 2 for a couple more months.

They can be incredibly sweet toward each other.  It's interesting how the most minute quantity of sugar can have a Jekyll and Hyde effect on them.  We pay a price whenever we give in on having desserts.

Philadelphia

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"They can be incredibly sweet toward each other.

There's something about the bond between older brothers and younger sisters. There doesn't seem to be the same kind of competitiveness there, for some reason. And, as a younger sister with an older brother, I've always enjoyed that feeling of knowing there's someone who's always looking out for me. (:-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

Quote from: "Philadelphia"And, as a younger sister with an older brother, I've always enjoyed that feeling of knowing there's someone who's always looking out for me. (:-)

I'm a younger brother with an older brother, but he ain't looking out for me. In fact, he tries to insult me at every opportunity.  :(
However, when he was at university and had money, he did spend a fair bit of it on me. The Spock's Beard/Frost* gig in Leeds last year was one such gesture of random generosity, but then he spent the whole night being miserable and telling me it was my fault. He's an odd person...  :?

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"Girls, eh, Gr8gonzo? Aren't they supposed to be easier when small, but dreadful once puberty strikes?

Tell me about it  :roll: ... Life was never that complex when I were a lad... Girls!!   :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

leelustig

Quote from: "Jem"He's very well thank you very much for asking. He's learnt to smile now and spends most of his time beaming at us all. Bless him.
I feel like he's going to be a merry one like his pops.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere