It is SO cold outside that.....

Started by EVP, January 15, 2009, 03:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"Narrow escape, old friend :D

( I know!  where is the brow-wiping emoticon?)

Pedro

Quote from: "rogerg"

Hmm....maybe we have run out....I thought we had a phew left....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "rogerg"

Hmm....maybe we have run out....I thought we had a phew left....

what a relief!

Mouse

We need some more emoticons. Where's the one for "reassuring smile full of secret sadness"?  :)  +  :(  =  :?:

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Mouse"We need some more emoticons. Where's the one for "reassuring smile full of secret sadness"?  :)  +  :(  =  :?:

On the forum of an emo band? (;-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

EVP

Not only is it REALLY cold here in Upstate NY,but old man bastard winter is getting personal
now and has been dumping snow over us all afternoon and evening. I drove home in clear skies
and 60 mph down to 10 mph trudging through close to 1  1/2 feet of snow on the roads
and on my street. I kid you not my county is on the brink of being declared a state of emergency.
I's say there has been about 2 feet of snow since 1 PM this afternoon,falling at around 2-3 inches
an hour or more. I'm located just east of Oswego,next to the "81" sign on the map.

EDIT   I took the weather page down.

rogerg

Mouse

Quote from: "Philadelphia"
Quote from: "Mouse"We need some more emoticons. Where's the one for "reassuring smile full of secret sadness"?  :)  +  :(  =  :?:

On the forum of an emo band? (;-)

Nah, they're full of ones of smilies cutting themselves to prove that they "feel things" and dyeing their hair that unnatural black colour and making it cover their faces.  ;)

I think I have issues with these people...

Mouse

Quote from: "rogerg"I see Vermont!!!

I see places I never knew were in America (please correct me if that's wrong  :shock: ) - Peterborough, Rome, Norwich, Geneva...
How very interesting!

landslug

Quote from: "Mouse"

I see places I never knew were in America (please correct me if that's wrong  :shock: ) - Peterborough, Rome, Norwich, Geneva...
How very interesting!

Dont forget EVP's town of Mexico, which is so small it doesnt even appear on the map (pop. 1,700 when I lived there)!
 :D

EVP

For everything and nothing you ever wanted to know about this fellow frostie's
home town.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Mexico-New-York.html

We have Texas just to our north and Palermo to our south.
Yet a lot of upstate NY counties are named after native american tribes.

*Update*  Everyone has dug themselves out here in the village but the place
is still a mess. We had a water main break,which fortunately,didn't affect
my neighborhood. The unofficial word is that we received about 31 inches of snow
roughly between 1 PM in the afternoon until about 10 PM

For our UK/European/Canadian friends abroad, that is 78.74 cm in 9 hours
which equals to about 3 inches/ 8.74 cm per hour if my metric conversion
math is correct.

I will post a new thread and up load some pics to show everyone. I'm going to try
and go out for a walk today and get some more shots of the snow banks and stuff.

Ash

I am around 150cm I think (4ft 11) so it's half my height?!  OMG that's a lotta snow.  It's lovely in London town today, almost spring like.  Very windy and rainy last night tho.
Ash
xxx

Mouse

Quote from: "Sarah"It's lovely in London town today, almost spring like.  Very windy and rainy last night tho.

Feck all's happening in Hull, not even any bloody rain. I hate overcast days, they're so boring...  :?

Sean

Hell I'm in Florida and last night it was 17. There's even ice still outside from our sprinkler, and its mid-afternoon. It shouldn't be this cold in Florida. I sware it hasn't gotten out of the 40's today. :evil:
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

Pedro

Well it could have been said in a scared voice....  :twisted:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"