If you are interested...

Started by TBE, January 23, 2009, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBE

I thought I'd let you lot know how things are going in education land.

Settling in at Kidderminster College and we have lots in the pipeline. I'm doing a show on the blues on 11th Feb and we have some drum clinics happening soon too. I hope to do one with Martin Randscombe (the drum tuning guru) and we have a very famous drummer coming in I hope. Also we are putting a big seminar together on the future of music in April.
All this stuff is open to the public so if any of you guys are in or near the Midlands (UK) and want to pop down and see any of this stuff just let me know. I will be putting details on my blog as and when.

I have also revamped my drum school. We have a new website...

http://www.midlandacademyofdrumming.co.uk/index.php

if you guys want to have a look any advice would be welcome.

Fanks Frosties...

johninblack

Pleased to hear things are going well for you.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Dave M

Andy ...

Gunter Schlopenhauer ... just has to be made up ?

You probably know this, but the Studio, Session, Depping, Tuning and Recording pages are in gobbledeegook, thought I'd tell you just incase the wrong version of the site has been loaded up.

The 11th sounds interesting ... hopefully I'll be there.

Dave
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

RacingHippo

Nice website, Andy.
As Dave M says, there's a couple of pages need finishing off, but it looks lovely.

I'm also very pleased that you're able to continue your private lessons.
Shame you're 2.5 hours away from here as I could probably do with a few lessons to help knock out all the bad habits I've picked up by playing for 20 years without ever having had a lesson  :roll:

That potential clinic with Martin Randscombe - will that be in the Midlands? After what you've said before about Martin, I reckon it'd be well worth travelling to attend it... so long as it's not too far away!
As ever, I'll keep an eye on your blog, but the sooner I can plan stuff in, the better!
* May contain nuts.

TBE

Some of the pages need text so we have gobble de gook there.

And yes, Gunter sounds suspect. I forgot to say Dave is big Frost fan, check out his band Midas, they are pretty cool IMO.

Racing Hippo...you can come for a one off lesson if you like.... :)

Pedro

Quote from: "TBE"I forgot to say Dave is big Frost fan, check out his band Midas, they are pretty cool IMO.
I was thinking that Dave might be Jem's "right girl" but it seems not. I listened to some of the Midas stuff and liked what I heard.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

davejmason

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "TBE"I forgot to say Dave is big Frost fan, check out his band Midas, they are pretty cool IMO.
I was thinking that Dave might be Jem's "right girl" but it seems not. I listened to some of the Midas stuff and liked what I heard.  :)

Glad you like it :) It's good fun as far as 4/4 pop goes!

Should mention as well (as it's my first post) that I'm loving EIMA. 'tis good tack! Keep up the good work Jem you crazy fool  :P

Gunter sends his love also.

Pedro

ich_bin_besser

Gotta love "The Studio" page.  :lol:
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

EVP

Looks really cool Andy!  If I ever get to fly over to the UK some day I'd most certainly drop by.

RWA

Website looks brilliant indeed! keep up the good work!  :D

One issue though:
QuoteUnfortunately due to licensing issues we don't offer terrestrial television.
Bummer!  :?

Anyway, welcome to the board Dave.  :D

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"I listened to some of the Midas stuff and liked what I heard.  :)

Likewise, well actually I heard it all and really liked it. Lots of energy, that's a good thing!! :D  
Welcome to the forum Dave.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "Pedro"I listened to some of the Midas stuff and liked what I heard.  :)

Likewise, well actually I heard it all and really liked it. Lots of energy, that's a good thing!! :D  
Welcome to the forum Dave.
hmm....my praise did seem a little faint, didn't mean it to.
I did have a bit of difficulty with the Midas-official website....it wouldn't load at work, in fact it bombed my IE browser every time. MySpace is blocked at work so it took a bit too long to get to any samples. Pesky work and their bean-counters! :D

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"Pesky work and their bean-counters! :D
We've just had a new "IT Policy" it bans all the sites that make the internet interesting. However it's been left to us to honour the policy, silly feckers. They are yet to physically block anything.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Where I am they allow us to make "reasonable use of the internet" in our own time (e.g. lunch break) but they have blocked MySpace, YouTube, Facebook, anything to do with games, drink, gambling, etc.
They still log ALL usage and have "clever"(ish) systems to match internet use that doesn't look like work stuff to times we book for breaks. People have been warned (and in a couple of cases sacked) for abusing the system.

One guy got dragged in by HR to explain himself because "sex" had been flagged in his usage log. Turns out he was only looking at help for Microsoft's Speadsheet program Excel but the "clever" systen saw "MSEXCEL" and no one thought to check it.  :roll: