Frost at RoSFest

Started by Jem, January 24, 2009, 09:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

That's a splendid idea, actually.  Nick could probably get the band booked for a string of shows.  Put the new guy to work! =)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jem

Alas, work and family commitments means that this is a 1 show splash and dash for me. Sorry about that.

Surrounded

Quote from: "Jem"Alas, work and family commitments means that this is a 1 show splash and dash for me. Sorry about that.

ACK!!!   :cry:   Oh well...I took the liberty of shooting a note to Jim Robinson.  IF he writes you Jem, tell 'im the note came from an overzealous forum noobie who meant well.    :oops:

Mirror

...Sweet merciful crap!

I was already planning on going to this, being how its just a state to the West of me here in lovely New Jersey - But, wow!  I'm a big SB fan, and subsequently a NDV fan....this is going to be an epic gig!

As for having chops, no doubt he has them - I remember he sat in with Fates Warning at a show near me, and tore it up!  Also, I was lucky enough to meet him, and he's a totally down to Earth chap :)

You couldn't have picked a better sit-in Frostie, Jem, well met!!!
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

gr8gonzo

I also saw NDV sitting in with Fates Warning several years ago, so this will be the second time I've seen a band with NDV on drums.  Oddly, I've yet to see Spock's Beard.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Bokkie

Nick is the king of cowbell hitting, the re-founder of the lost art of playing the cowbell. Praise him for the way he masters the holy metal!!! :)
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Pedro

Quote from: "Bokkie"Nick is the king of cowbell hitting, the re-founder of the lost art of playing the cowbell. Praise him for the way he masters the holy metal. :)
That's the sacred cow bell then? :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Geetar

You got a beef with that?
This space for sale.

rogerg

where's Moo Bass when you need him?!

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "rogerg"where's Moo Bass when you need him?!

<singing> I'm just a stranger... I nearly gobbed on my laptop... </singing>
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Pedro

I'm sure he will have herd...
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"
I'm sure he will have herd...
I expect he's udderwise occupied.
* May contain nuts.

Bokkie

Quote from: "Bokkie"Nick is the king of cowbell hitting, the re-founder of the lost art of playing the cowbell. Praise him for the way he masters the holy metal!!! :)

Watch Nick:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=I1R6d96mA9w
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

catherine

Quote from: "Bokkie"
Quote from: "Bokkie"Nick is the king of cowbell hitting, the re-founder of the lost art of playing the cowbell. Praise him for the way he masters the holy metal!!! :)

Watch Nick:

Yep, looks like he should fit in well with the rest of Frost*. Initially I was a little concerned that he might be too sensible, but I see I needn't have worried! ;)

johninblack

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Bokkie"

Watch Nick:

Yep, looks like he should fit in well with the rest of Frost*. Initially I was a little concerned that he might be too sensible, but I see I needn't have worried! ;)
Oh yes! Nick ticks all the boxes where loonacy is concerned. :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"