Main Menu

Song Meanings?

Started by Drarok, January 25, 2009, 01:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarok

I'm sure we all know what Pocket Sun and Toys are about by now, but what about the other songs? Namely DDD for me, I'm intrigued!

I believe Welcome To Nowhere has been covered, but I can't remember the details.

Can anyone fill in the blanks? Ta. :)

DannySoisSage

Dear Dead Days to me is a continuation of the 'Experiments in Mass Appeal' thing; sort of a question of whether we were better off in days gone by when people weren't subject to such massive pressure from businessmen conducting 'experiments in mass appeal'.

'Some child
Profiled
Beguiled
Defiled
Reviled'

Dr.Ripper

I had always thought Dear Dead Days was about a little girl that was kidnapped by some creeper and mentally scarred/traumatized by the ordeal.

What about Pocket Sun and Welcome to Nowhere?
whut

DannySoisSage

Pocket Sun is about a dude with a time machine. Welcome To Nowhere is the Experiments thing again where Jem is on about people getting sucked into the internet and being mentally wiped by it...

'Caught in the process
Of mass separation
Victims of progress
And mute isolation'

...everybody thinks they're connected by the internet but in fact you're seperating yourself from human contact, sat in 'mute isolation'. If you let yourself go too far into it you become a victim of the experiments as you allow yourself to be run over by the constant marketing ploy the internet has become.

All my opinion obviously  :)

Ash

Ash
xxx

Pedro

Quote from: "Sarah"best I log off then
yeah....in a minute.... ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Dr.Ripper"I had always thought Dear Dead Days was about a little girl that was kidnapped by some creeper and mentally scarred/traumatized by the ordeal.
That'd be Natascha Kampusch.
* May contain nuts.

leelustig

Quote from: "DannySoisSage"Pocket Sun is about a dude with a time machine. Welcome To Nowhere is the Experiments thing again where Jem is on about people getting sucked into the internet and being mentally wiped by it...

'Caught in the process
Of mass separation
Victims of progress
And mute isolation'

...everybody thinks they're connected by the internet but in fact you're seperating yourself from human contact, sat in 'mute isolation'. If you let yourself go too far into it you become a victim of the experiments as you allow yourself to be run over by the constant marketing ploy the internet has become.

All my opinion obviously  :)
That's a real good notion...

I mean, even if that's not quite on the dot, that's still a mind blowing interpretation.

.... I spend WAY too much time on the internet  :twisted:
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

Jem

They're all mainly about sex.

or cheese.

Jem

Apart from Pocket Sun which is about sex AND cheese.

Pedro

Quote from: "Jem"They're all mainly about sex.

or cheese.
Isn't everything?

johninblack

Quote from: "Jem"Apart from Pocket Sun which is about sex AND cheese.
You're being far too modest........There's time travel too. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

DannySoisSage

:shock:

Amazing...and to think I had yet to find a combination of the two which didn't result in immediate removal from the marital area!

leelustig

Well I assumed a 'pocket sun' was another term for someones willy. And you can play 'pocket pool' with your 'pocket sun'.

And the cheese thing well.... this guy's willy hasn't been cleaned for some time. And now he has a terrible condition.

Very sad song if you dig deep.
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

Pedro

Hmm....let's not go any further down that route.