Skiing (Bokkie's remix)

Started by Bokkie, February 09, 2009, 07:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokkie

Verry resourceful, looks great!

But i wouldn't go that far for just only a fibraslap. I think i would have mounted the slap on a stand.

On the other hand, now you can do all the cool Neal Peart stuff.
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Trapezium Artist

Nice remix / munge, Bokkie. That said, being somewhat newer to this whole business than many of the inmates here (:D) I had to go searching for the original Skiing video to see what everyone was talking about: very funny.

I found it on the Toys section of the old forum at //http://frost.informe.com/, which also led me to waste, err, no, enjoy an hour downloading other bits and pieces I don't think I'd heard / seen before.

But my biggest amazement is that the other forum is still semi-active, with relatively recent posts parallel to those over here. I mean, don't you guys have anything better to do!?

(This is, of course, an entirely rhetorical question and by definition, because I'm posting here, whichever answer I already have in mind must apply to me  :lol:)

Nellie

It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"Ssshh!

Doh! The question which must not be asked, and I went and asked it  :shock:

johninblack

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"don't you guys have anything better to do!?

Nope. Hope that's not a problem. :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "johninblack"

No sir, certainly not sir!  :shock: (Why isn't there a smiley for "Trembling in my boots"?)

(Of course, I'm entirely undermined by taking the indefensible position that clearly I have nothing better to do apart from ask whether everyone else does  ;) )

johninblack

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "johninblack"

No sir, certainly not sir!  :shock: (Why isn't there a smiley for "Trembling in my boots"?)

(Of course, I'm entirely undermined by taking the indefensible position that clearly I have nothing better to do apart from ask whether everyone else does  ;) )
Well, from a personal point of view I have nothing better to do than respond to your question and to ponder upon the points said question don't actually ask  but (for me at least) imply, like am I really spending too much time here? Would I be better off doing something else? How about a nice cup of tea?
Too answer those points for myself the answers are.....
No bloody way!!
As if!!
Two sugars please. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Bokkie, that is excellent work! It's currently 01:55 a.m. so I had to stifle my plentiful laughter with a well-positioned bag of Revels. Brilliant!  :lol:

I do have a question - how on Earth did you get the harmonies? My first guess was that you simply copied the sound, shifted the pitch and harmonised them that way. But wouldn't that also harmonise Jem's guitar as well, and I can't hear any harmonised acoustics.

Or am I just going through a deaf phase?  ;)

Again, brilliant work! Now added to the fictional Frost* album Toys in my iTunes library...

Bokkie

Quote from: "Mouse"Bokkie, that is excellent work! It's currently 01:55 a.m. so I had to stifle my plentiful laughter with a well-positioned bag of Revels. Brilliant!  :lol:

I do have a question - how on Earth did you get the harmonies? My first guess was that you simply copied the sound, shifted the pitch and harmonised them that way. But wouldn't that also harmonise Jem's guitar as well, and I can't hear any harmonised acoustics.

Or am I just going through a deaf phase?  ;)

Again, brilliant work! Now added to the fictional Frost* album Toys in my iTunes library...
Thanks Mouse, but no, nothing wrong with your hearing. The process i used is a common one that many people use. Some have difficulty handling that process and others are very good at it. I just can handle the very basic of that process.
Hope that answers your question.

Oh, i forgot....they call it singing :lol:
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

rogerg

Quote from: "Bokkie"Thanks Mouse, but no, nothing wrong with your hearing. The process i used is a common one that many people use. Some have difficulty handling that process and others are very good at it. I just can handle the very basic of that process.
Hope that answers your question.

Oh, i forgot....they call it singing :lol:

heh   8-)