Main Menu

Silly purchases

Started by SerFox, November 08, 2008, 10:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

My last silly purchase was damn Gateway E 155C Tablet PC. The thing was about 700 bucks, and 2 weeks in the touchscreen went, and then the screen its self. So i got the bloody thing repaired, and a week later the touchscreen wen on it AGAIN. SO ....... Don't buy Gateway. Oh well, my next purchase will be a Dell Latitude XT.
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

catherine

Quote from: "tomskerous"A Peugeot 307. Grrr.

I am SO fed up with my 307.
Everything keeps on failing on it.
I've had awful problems with the brakes this year and last year - a recurring fault with the ABS which ended up costing stupid amounts of money to fix and scaring me silly into the bargain. And the indicator stalk isn't so much self-cancelling as self-deciding-to-indicate-in-the-opposite-direction-when-I-come-out-of-a-corner. The 5-cd changer is dead, the power steering has an untraceable leak (but the fluid slowly ebbs away over the course of about 9 months) and the fuel economy's pretty rubbish. Also the computer is wildly overoptimistic about everything and told me that I had enough petrol to go 30 miles left in the tank... just as I ran out of fuel after midnight one night coming back home from a gig. I will NEVER buy a Peugeot again.

LivingForever

They should never have discontinued the 306, it's a great car and mine (touch wood) is still going strong!

I really shouldn't post this should I?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

tomskerous

Quote from: "catherine"And the indicator stalk isn't so much self-cancelling as self-deciding-to-indicate-in-the-opposite-direction-when-I-come-out-of-a-corner.

At the last MOT I was failed for that as 'a control issue'. Despite it having got through three times before. A totally crappy design flaw that cost nearly 300 quid to have fixed.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

SerFox

Cant we have some more amusing silly purchases?

What is it with you and cars, I mean fuck, I have to walk, I'll never be able to drive...  :(

tomskerous

Well those Manolos will never last then will they?
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Beano

One of these!

Having just checked what they're going for on ebay, maybe not so silly...hmmmm, I can feel a new listing coming on ;)

SerFox

Pedro

Quote from: "SerFox"How much, Beano?
One can never have enough Beano....

BTW my lad started playing a demo of the most recent Banjo & Kazooie game the other day....it is now on his Xmas list. Those tunes and cheery colours make a pleasant change from the constant drab aural barrage of "Resident BioGears of Far Fallout Duty War Carnage 2"!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Beano

Quote from: "Pedro"BTW my lad started playing a demo of the most recent Banjo & Kazooie game the other day....it is now on his Xmas list. Those tunes and cheery colours make a pleasant change from the constant drab aural barrage of "Resident BioGears of Far Fallout Duty War Carnage 2"!

lovely stuff, hope he enjoys it  :D

Beano

Quote from: "SerFox"How much, Beano?

I'll post the link when I eventually get round to listing it

cheers mi dears

Dave M

My last silly purchase ....

My son loves it !  :D ... the wife is not amused though  :roll:
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Gandalf1986

Cor! I used to have it when I was a little kid! :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "wickedwitch"i bought a wig!

and the fancy dress begins... :P
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro