Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

I would really like to know what Jem thinks of this. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Bokkie

Hey Ronald, could be worse!! ;)

(It's a compliment were we come from)

Very cool Ron...sounds great!!
btw did you use the sounds of the td-6 it self? And what about those voices? did you sing them yourself or did you rip them somehow?
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

RWA

Thanks everyone.  :)
Quote from: "Bokkie"btw did you use the sounds of the td-6 it self? And what about those voices? did you sing them yourself or did you rip them somehow?
Played on a TD6 but the sounds are from DFH Superior.
And I protect the world from my voice; it's all original vocals.  :lol:

Jem gave me the original vocals for You/I; the parts from EIMA are from the CD. It would be even better to have those vocals tracks as well.... but honestly I didn't want to push it. The man is busy enough as it is and in that perspective it was nice enough of him to take the time to send me the part from You/I.

The song You/I doesn't have a steady rhythm since it's a piano ballad so I had to slice the parts up to make them flow better. The original tempo is around 94 bpm and I shifted it to 105 bpm. The original idea was to add some orchestration to the You/I vocals because it indeed is a lovely melody. Then it hit me I could squeeze EIMA into it afer changing the tempo of that as well. Since I played all the music to the first half of the song myself I continued doing that all over the song as sonic glue. Of course you hear the entire band in all the EIMA parts since that was ripped straight off the CD.

Anyway, it was great fun working on this and see it as an ode to Frost*.  :)

johninblack

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

AnsOnkruid

Hee Ron, this is brilliant! :) Or, as Bokkie said, it could be worse :P
Simply love it.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

L33VEY

Added to the expanding RWA file on my computer.

Excellent.....
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Quote from: "L33VEY"Added to the expanding RWA file on my computer.

Excellent.....
I'm causing a file?!

Oh dear.......  ;)

rogerg

makes me need to go to the bathroom...

Dave M

Ron, that's fantastic, I really enjoyed the listen !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Philadelphia

I'm seriously conisdering getting off my butt to find a hat that I can take off to you for that. That was a very interesting remix and it didn't feel long in any way. Nicely done!!!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

RWA

Quote from: "Philadelphia"I'm seriously conisdering getting off my butt to find a hat that I can take off to you for that. That was a very interesting remix and it didn't feel long in any way. Nicely done!!!
So... I almost made you getting off your butt!  :shock:
Not what I had in mind when I made this but a very impressive side effect nevertheless!  :D

eviani

Wow - I really love this! This makes me listen to the song in a whole new way.  The string lines that you put in are great - very PT-esque in my mind, well without it being so gloomy ;)  Great stuff man! (And nice drumming!)

Mr. Berger

Huge amounts of respect from my dark side!
Liked the new way of doing the chords, and the chaotic ending is nice! :D

(in addition to the rest... ;) )
"Comon, your\'e a LION!"

Mouse

It is most excellent RWA! And how did you do them there drums? They're superb!  :D